Pacific Northwest - Forrest Fires

/ Pacific Northwest - Forrest Fires #1  

oosik

Super Star Member
Tractor
2009 Kubota M6040
I live in NE WA state, about 25 miles SW of Spokane, WA. How many others are experiencing this constant pall of smoke, ash & corruption.

Its to the point, here where I live, that being outside isn't all that pleasant.

Last time I checked there were 80+ forrest fires up in this neck of the woods.

Yesterday it cleared somewhat in the morning so I rode my motorcycle down south. Got about thirty miles south and smoke was so thick you could see vehicles on the road making a "slice mark" as they drove thru the smoke.

Got to admit - probably the most unpleasant m/c ride I've ever been on. Turned around and beat it home.

/ Pacific Northwest - Forrest Fires #2  
Those and the fires up in B.C. The only positive i can come up with on the smoke, is that the sun isn't as intense, and im really stretching for a positive.

I should note, that the smoke here, where i live, is nowhere as bad as it is near those fires.:(

/ Pacific Northwest - Forrest Fires #3  
It's terrible in the willamette valley.. ..hardly can be outside.

/ Pacific Northwest - Forrest Fires
cqaigy2 You are right - the sun is a fluorescent orange or tangerine up there and the temps were only 60F when I was outside, briefly, at 8:20 am. Looking for a positive - we sure will be happy when all this smoke & corruption is gone.

I take the dog outside every evening just before we hit the sack. Shine my flashlight up into the sky - looks like its snowing. An awful lot of ash coming down.

/ Pacific Northwest - Forrest Fires #6  
In the interior of BC there have been around 1,140,000 hectares or 2,800,000 acers burnt this year. Here on Vancouver Island it is smoky from the outflow winds bring us the smoke from the interior of BC 400-500 miles away. Sun is an orange glow in the sky. There have been upwards of 40,000 people evacuated at different times.

/ Pacific Northwest - Forrest Fires #7  
This smoke has affected our skies in Kansas if you can believe that. Must be a **** of a fire.

/ Pacific Northwest - Forrest Fires #8  
I live between Molalla and Colten, Oregon. It is to the point that it is foggy like outside, and it is drier than a popcorn fart.:(

/ Pacific Northwest - Forrest Fires #9  
I live in NE WA state, about 25 miles SW of Spokane, WA. How many others are experiencing this constant pall of smoke, ash & corruption.

Its to the point, here where I live, that being outside isn't all that pleasant.

Last time I checked there were 80+ forrest fires up in this neck of the woods.

Yesterday it cleared somewhat in the morning so I rode my motorcycle down south. Got about thirty miles south and smoke was so thick you could see vehicles on the road making a "slice mark" as they drove thru the smoke.

Got to admit - probably the most unpleasant m/c ride I've ever been on. Turned around and beat it home.

Bad here in North Idaho, air index was as high as 390 and hazardous.

almost closed schools today.

/ Pacific Northwest - Forrest Fires #10  
It's raining ash in the Puget Sound region this morning.