Best Brand of Fireplace Insert or Wood Stove

/ Best Brand of Fireplace Insert or Wood Stove #1  

TomSeller

Tractor
JD, Massey, Kubota, Case
I am in the market for a replacement fireplace insert for one of my houses and am curious of what you think a good brand is. I suspect better wood stove brands also make the better inserts? I am looking at burning firewood not gas or pellets. House is 3000 sq ft. I found a few insert threads when searching but not many.

/ Best Brand of Fireplace Insert or Wood Stove #2  
Because of size they are somewhat regional- at least the American/Canadian made stuff. We live in the PNW and Pacific Energy has nice stuff. They also have a series with more modern lines that we spec in houses with that type of look.

Weight, having key parts made of stainless and warranty all factor. A company with a long history is nice too.

Lopi and Vermont Casting have been around a long time. But, beyond the name, I have little actual experience with those.

Pacific Energy :: Neo 2.5

Pacific Energy :: Summit

Last edited:
   / Best Brand of Fireplace Insert or Wood Stove #3  
Don't know where you live so can't advise on brand of inserts, but a house that size will take maybe a $4000 airtite insert and then the pipe plus fresh air intake.
Make sure you get one with a large firebox with standard firebrick so they are easily replaced and so you can stoke it up. If it doesn't weigh 500-600# at least I wouldn't get it.

/ Best Brand of Fireplace Insert or Wood Stove #4  
If you were talking woodstoves i would say Blaze King-
but don't think they make a sized insert for that sq foot house. They do make a Princess insert with a 27 hour low burn time- but it is not rated for a 3000 sqf house

/ Best Brand of Fireplace Insert or Wood Stove #5  
I have a buck stove insert. Been pretty impressed with it. Insert has been nicknamed Satan :) stove is almost 20 years old, still works great. Only thing I wished it had was an ash pan for easy cleaning.

I have the little buck, and then had a local fab shop make up a surround for it to cover the face of the fire place. Burns 14" sticks of wood, and heats my 2,000 sqft home. I only use it though when the temps are below 40 degrees out. Over 40 degrees, and you'll have the stove barely running and all the doors and window's open in the house.

Wood Burning Stove, Grill & Fire Pit Manufacturer | Buck Stove

/ Best Brand of Fireplace Insert or Wood Stove #6  
Napoleon makes good stuff. I ran out of budget on my home build but wasn't going to buy a low-end stove, so I went with the Napoleon Independence 1450 and it easily keeps my 1700 sq ft home toasty warm all winter.

/ Best Brand of Fireplace Insert or Wood Stove
temps are below 40 degrees out. Over 40 degrees, and you'll have the stove barely running and all the doors and window's open in the house.

That is probably what I will do, I have a heat pump that is fine for the moderate days. Below 40 or so, weekends when the door keeps getting opened and then at night when the temp always drops.

Some brands here that I have never heard of... Good to know.

/ Best Brand of Fireplace Insert or Wood Stove #8  
That is probably what I will do, I have a heat pump that is fine for the moderate days. Below 40 or so, weekends when the door keeps getting opened and then at night when the temp always drops.

Some brands here that I have never heard of... Good to know.

I had never heard of the buck brand. Neighbor had one and was redecorating there home. Didn't use it and told my wife and I to come get it. Has a 3 stage blower built in and was 18 years old when we got it :) We have had it for 5 years now. Surprisingly enough, the manufacturer still supports it, and offers all the parts for it still :)

/ Best Brand of Fireplace Insert or Wood Stove #9  
I like Hearthstone, do you want stone, cast, or steel?