Can signs be to big on your own land........

/ Can signs be to big on your own land........ #1  

Oldpath05

Tractor
none
Saw this on the news tonight, talk about a load of krap. The city of Rockland Me. says this woman who wants to display her pro ***** sign on her so called own land will pay a find or go to jail, the cities puppets say the signs are just a wee bit too big. This might soon happen at a town near you or even out in the country.

So does this rule mean I cant put up a big Merry Christmas sign without a permit, the thing about permits is they can permit you or permit you not, guess it depends if you voted for ***** or Hillary.
'Shocked': Maine Woman Ordered by City to Take Down Pro-***** Signs - NECN

/ Can signs be to big on your own land........ #2  
Saw this on the news tonight, talk about a load of krap. The city of Rockland Me. says this woman who wants to display her pro ***** sign on her so called own land will pay a find or go to jail, the cities puppets say the signs are just a wee bit too big. This might soon happen at a town near you or even out in the country.

So does this rule mean I cant put up a big Merry Christmas sign without a permit, the thing about permits is they can permit you or permit you not, guess it depends if you voted for ***** or Hillary.
'Shocked': Maine Woman Ordered by City to Take Down Pro-***** Signs - NECN

Every community has it's ordinances. Some don't allow friendly dogs to roam, others require leashes and "dirty bags".
Nuisance of any kind needs restriction. A large sign, improperly anchored could come free in a wind and cause damage to others or property. That can't be OK for anyone.

/ Can signs be to big on your own land........ #3  
Yep. Even out in the county here signs are regulated. Size can be but content difficult to regulate under the 1st amendment.

/ Can signs be to big on your own land........ #4  
Regulations, ordinances & laws are usually dependent upon whose ox is being gored.

/ Can signs be to big on your own land........ #5  
3'X2' in my opinion is not too big. I'm glad I don't live in some of the areas members here often talk about with codes and regulations so strict you have to check with the gov before doing anything on your property.

/ Can signs be to big on your own land........ #6  
3'X2' in my opinion is not too big. I'm glad I don't live in some of the areas members here often talk about with codes and regulations so strict you have to check with the gov before doing anything on your property.

I agree with Birdhunter in being happy that I don't live in an area where the government feels that they have a right to tell me how to do everything at my home and control what I'm allowed to do with my land. Hopefully people who live under those restrictive laws will realize that they need to vote in different people to represent them.

/ Can signs be to big on your own land........ #7  
In the same regard...there are folks that choose to live in developments that have deed restrictions etc...(don't ask me why)..

/ Can signs be to big on your own land........ #9  
No 'code enforcement officer' just happened by to see those signs; some loser called to complain. I hope she fights, there is no way those signs are an obstruction. Usually sign ordinances are to regulate commercial business NOT private speech. I agree that they will be going after Christmas next.

/ Can signs be to big on your own land........ #10  
The majority of people will do what is right 100% of the time. Then you have the minority who will not do what is right anytime time. The majority in society bands together and establishes rules and regulation governing what is and what is not allowed in a neighborhood zoned as residential.to insure a minority minded individuals who moves into their neighborhood cannot turn his home and there neighborhood into a slum degrading the property values.

Nothing like buying a $300,000 dollars house with a 30 year mortgage and the house next door is sold to a junk dealer and your $300,000 house instantly becomes a unsalable $100,000 dollar boat anchor tied around your neck for thirty years.

Gated communities, Deed restrictions and homeowner associations are the cottage industry that was born out of necessity by neighborhoods to insure no one individual or individual engage in activity that will degrade property values in their community.