I think there was a ghost in the garage last night.

/ I think there was a ghost in the garage last night. #1  

sixdogs

Super Star Member
Tractor
Kubota M7040, Kubota MX5100, Deere 790 TLB, Farmall Super C
We live in the middle of nowhere and before dark we heard a distinct and unique sound in the garage. We couldn't figure it out so dismissed it. We have a locked garage, deadbolts, multiple dogs, way off the road; you name it. Dogs bark at everything but never moved.

The next morning, we discovered a 275 lb portable generator I have was moved a couple inches sideways. None of the stuff on it was disturbed but you could clearly see the tire marks where it had been sitting and the fact it had been moved sideways and not rolled. This is not something that is in an out of the way corner but rather in your face when you go in or out. Can't miss it and can't mistake it's position. Wife is OCD perfectionist and is 100% certain where it was and where it is now. So am I. There is no explanation for this and we can't figure it out. Dogs, locks, etc make an impossible scenario. What else is there?

It's worth note that my wife's mother, who lived with us, passed away recently. We took good care of her and she was happy. Also not a factor are our beliefs in ghosts or that kind of thing because we could care one way or the other. We could care less. But yet, there is no mistake of the distinct sound and moved item and whatever. Others have had what appear to be unexplainable ghost type things happen, so maybe...?

Maybe we had a ghost last night?

/ I think there was a ghost in the garage last night. #2  
got mice?

260px-Superraton.jpg

/ I think there was a ghost in the garage last night. #3  
Earthquake?

/ I think there was a ghost in the garage last night. #4  
It would be a classic locked room mystery except that no-one was murdered.

/ I think there was a ghost in the garage last night.
   / I think there was a ghost in the garage last night. #6  
Are all of your garage door (assist) springs accounted for?

/ I think there was a ghost in the garage last night.
Are all of your garage door (assist) springs accounted for?

Way ahead of you. Tight and secure. Nothing fell. You can see every square inch of it.

Remember, the generator was moved. 275 lbs and picked up and moved a couple inches and not dragged or rolled.

/ I think there was a ghost in the garage last night. #8  
Don't have an explanation, but I'm sure there is one...one of those things that "go bump in the night". I had a similar experience (not to detract from your post) that you might find amusing:

Thought I had an intruder
One night about 3:00 AM, a few months ago, I woke up and was unable to go back to sleep so I got up and got on the computer. The house was completely quiet; neither Sharn Jean nor the two dogs could be heard snoring and the AC was not running. I piddled around for maybe half an hour on the computer, when I thought I heard something in the living room (our computer is in my daughter's old bedroom, now a sewing room, on the other end of the house). I got real quiet and listened a bit, and sure enough, I could hear what sounded like a muffled voice.

I don't know what possessed me, but instead of retrieving my .357, I walked very quietly down the hall and looked into the darkened living room. I couldn't see anyone or anything, so I very cautiously walked on in. I got into about the middle of the room, and suddenly I heard this voice coming from behind the rocker:

"To infinity and beyond!".............It was none other than Buzz Lightyear, who at that time was residing in my Grandsons' toybox. Needless to say, it scared me pretty good, but I finally got a good laugh out of it. What possessed him to become such a chatterbox at 3:30 AM, I'll never know.

/ I think there was a ghost in the garage last night. #9  
Is it near where someone could have hooked it with a vehicle pulling in or out?

/ I think there was a ghost in the garage last night. #10  
Don't have an explanation, but I'm sure there is one...one of those things that "go bump in the night". I had a similar experience (not to detract from your post) that you might find amusing:

Thought I had an intruder
One night about 3:00 AM, a few months ago, I woke up and was unable to go back to sleep so I got up and got on the computer. The house was completely quiet; neither Sharn Jean nor the two dogs could be heard snoring and the AC was not running. I piddled around for maybe half an hour on the computer, when I thought I heard something in the living room (our computer is in my daughter's old bedroom, now a sewing room, on the other end of the house). I got real quiet and listened a bit, and sure enough, I could hear what sounded like a muffled voice.

I don't know what possessed me, but instead of retrieving my .357, I walked very quietly down the hall and looked into the darkened living room. I couldn't see anyone or anything, so I very cautiously walked on in. I got into about the middle of the room, and suddenly I heard this voice coming from behind the rocker:

"To infinity and beyond!".............It was none other than Buzz Lightyear, who at that time was residing in my Grandsons' toybox. Needless to say, it scared me pretty good, but I finally got a good laugh out of it. What possessed him to become such a chatterbox at 3:30 AM, I'll never know.

We’ve had some battery powered kids toy go off in a toybox before. It was some sort of speaking tablet thingy. And the batteries were low. So the sound was low and slow and very, very creepy! Hahaha:laughing: