Tell me, what do you like in a wallet. Of course a dumb question, money

/ Tell me, what do you like in a wallet. Of course a dumb question, money #1  

John White

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota B3030
Tell me about your wallet. It's getting harder and harder to find a good wallet that will last. I use to be able to find the old leather laced wallets. They would last a long time and if the lacing wore out, I could re sew it. I am hard on wallets for some reason. A good one will last me about 3 or 4 years. I picked up my last one at a flea market, it lasted 4 years. It was about 1/4" wider that a normal bi-fold wallet. Mine was getting worn so I started looking for one again. Could not fine one. I carry a lot of credit cards, 5 commercial vehicles and I use one for each vehicle to keep track of every thing. I've got my drivers license, VA card, Medi Card, Lowes, Home depot card, fuel discount cards, 3 or 4 personal cards, a picture of my wife, 3or 4 business cards I carry to hand out. Plus usually $100 in small bills to make change when doing service work. My wife says I need a purse instead of a wallet. Ha. I bought a new one at Flying J about 4 months ago and it has fell apart. Today my wife bought me a Tri-fold at Flying J. I couldn't even get everything in it. It looked like the hump on a camel in my back pocket. (that's no fun when you drive a truck or have to lay on a creeper and roll around on the floor all day) and all the credit cards fit so tight that I couldn't get them out. Any good leads on where to get a good wallet for under $20

/ Tell me, what do you like in a wallet. Of course a dumb question, money #2  
I use a Rubber band. Ones that come w asparagus are great. Carrying a thick wallet in the back pocket causes sciatica problems. I carry mine in hip pocket.

/ Tell me, what do you like in a wallet. Of course a dumb question, money #3  
My wallet is about 10 years old shows no sign of wear at all. Got it from Zappos's online for not much.

/ Tell me, what do you like in a wallet. Of course a dumb question, money #4  
Every year my family buys me a new wallet for Christmas. I've given up on billfolds. They are nice, but the heavy leather is in itself, thicker than many credit cards compared to a cheap, nylon, velcro closure wallet. I've got 11 cards, ID, lifetime fishing license, currency, some receipts, and a couple lottery tickets in there at all times. Yes, they wear out fast. But they are THIN! and that's what I want. As mentioned, sitting on a thick wallet can cause some folks leg and back pain... I'm one of those folks, so the thinner the better for me.

/ Tell me, what do you like in a wallet. Of course a dumb question, money #5  
I got a new wallet for Christmas a few years back from the misses. It sat in the box for over a year and when she asked why, I told her that I didn't want to say anything- but a gifted wallet it is always customary that it comes with a 1000$ cash. Give it your best shot. Tri fold in my hip pocket for me when I carry one.

/ Tell me, what do you like in a wallet. Of course a dumb question, money #6  
I gave up carrying a wallet.
There's just no need any longer.
We're almost a cashless society, anyhow.
Can't remember the last time I needed it.
The Mrs. has a friend at work that sells us eggs from her chicken house.
I guess that counts.

/ Tell me, what do you like in a wallet. Of course a dumb question, money #7  
The badge I carry in mine usually starts wearing through before the rest of it goes.

/ Tell me, what do you like in a wallet. Of course a dumb question, money #8  
I carry a suit wallet, I hate any other kind, mine is over 20 years old and still in fine shape. No SS card in mine.

mark

/ Tell me, what do you like in a wallet. Of course a dumb question, money #10  
I started carry a tri-fold wallet about twenty years ago. My Harley Davidson Tri-fold is twenty years old and just starting to break in.