Anyone notice an abundance of walnuts this year?

/ Anyone notice an abundance of walnuts this year? #1  

TNhobbyfarmer

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota L3430 Polaris Ranger 500
I have never seen the amount of walnuts being produced this year. Anyone else noticed how abundant they are? If a fellow wanted to work his a** off, get black hands, all for a very limited payoff, the opportunity is there. Not me. If my wife needs walnuts for Christmas baking, she knows which isle to go to in the grocery store.

/ Anyone notice an abundance of walnuts this year? #2  
Don't know about your neck of the woods but because of the rain and snow we finally got last winter I've got acorns all over the place this year where there were many if any in the previous few years. Same reason for all the fires out this way this year. More fuel means more fire. Dayumend if ya do, dayumed if ya don't.

/ Anyone notice an abundance of walnuts this year? #4  
Wouldn't be so bad if there was some size to them. There's a tree on our family farm that produce's walnuts larger than a golf ball when soft husk is gone. I busted a million when I was a kid. Being the clever guy I am,I moved a coule of volinteers to my place when I bought it 39 years ago. Boy was I going to injoy busting walnuts and telling my grandkids stories. The trees produce 2 truck loads of worthless tiny nuts EVERY YEAR,I have never had a poor crop.

/ Anyone notice an abundance of walnuts this year? #5  
We have a lot of them in my neck of the woods.

/ Anyone notice an abundance of walnuts this year? #6  
This is funny... wifey and I were riding the rtv around the property this weekend, and I was showing her our bumper crop of Walnuts and Butternuts. Never seen so many around here.

/ Anyone notice an abundance of walnuts this year? #7  
I saw heard lots of them this weekend . I went camping in Gettysburg Pa and the site next to mine had a nice walnut tree . The Motorhome underneath it wasnt too happy

/ Anyone notice an abundance of walnuts this year? #8  
It's the best black walnut crop I have seen here in many years.

/ Anyone notice an abundance of walnuts this year? #9  
Heavy here in Ohio. Used to be a place in Eaton Ohio that bought them husk and all. Catch was they ran them threw a machine that removed the husks and then paid you. Grandkids can not be fooled again.

/ Anyone notice an abundance of walnuts this year? #10  
Modest crop this year on our 4 trees. Two new trees are not producing yet.