Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Tractor
    Kubota L3400 DT

Default Re: More Than 40 Million Kidde Fire Extinguishers made over last 40 years Recalled

Quote Originally Posted by teg View Post
    Kind of feel a little bad... I have one that was recalled and I filled out the information... looks like I'll get a replacement!!! SHOUT OUT and a big Thanks to PastTense for posting this....

Oh, why am I feeling bad? I used the fire extinguisher to put out a propane tank that had flames burning out of the valve handle!!! Worked great!!!
    I too get those feel bad feelings sometimes, they usually last for about 59 seconds............
    Jer. 6:16, AV) I'm right 97% of the time, who cares about the other 4%.....

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    584 IH 4WD

Default Re: More Than 40 Million Kidde Fire Extinguishers made over last 40 years Recalled

Well,, BOO HISS on KIDDE!!

My recalled fire extinguisher is a Kidde 10-B-C,,, they sent a Kidde 5-B-C

The new extinguisher is half the size of the old one, and weighs a pound less (about 1/3)

After 4 calls, I have been on hold for 15 minutes (thank goodness for speaker phones, and volume control)

I assume the one sent is 1/2 the capacity of the old one?

They sent a note that I should put the old one in the same packaging, and return,,,
    that is a JOKE, it should be a similar extinguisher, not half the size,,,
    My old extinguisher will not fit in the little box they sent,,

I have been on hold long enough to get a pic,,,

Some of the tractors include JD 4105, JD 855, JD 650,,,, and,,, the IH 584 4WD
    My favorite attachment is the homemade landplane,,, EVERYONE needs one of those!!

Tractor
    JD 2025R, previously Gravely 5650 & JD 4010 & JD 1025R

We've 4, 3 of them being recalled.

The one I have on the tractor is not on the list even though it has a plastic handle: FX110E model wasn't on the list.

Ralph
    The natural gardener
    God's original intent

Elite Member
    Tractor
    Case DX55, Ford 850

CADplans, did you find out why the sent the smaller model?

Tractor
    2009 Kubota RTV 900, 2009 Kubota B26 TLB & 2010 model LS P7010

I am glad some of you got your returns quickly. I guess mine will be in the 15-20 day range. Been 10 days so far. Both of mine have lost pressure and no longer in the green zone.
    2010 LS P-7010C 20F/20R gear tractor & FEL, 2009 Kubota B 26 TLB, RTV 900 Kubota,17 foot Lund boat with 70HP motor, 2012-20 ft 12k GVW trailer, 2011- 52" Craftsman ZTR mower, 2013 Ferris Zero Turn, 3 weed whackers, pressure washer, leaf blowers, 7 foot bush hog, 8 foot landscape rake , 8 foot 3 PH disc, 2 row cultivator, 350 amp Miller AC/DC welding machine and all the tools needed to keep them all repaired and running.

Katrinaville LA west of Westwego east of Ama south of River Ridge north of Boutte, above sea level
    Tractor
    Kubota L4400, Kubota ZD326

Quote Originally Posted by RalphVa View Post
    We've 4, 3 of them being recalled.

The one I have on the tractor is not on the list even though it has a plastic handle: FX110E model wasn't on the list.

Ralph
    It's my understanding that all the FX models with plastic handles and a welded neck are recalled. Some of the ones with plastic handles and no welded neck are not recalled.
    Happy Trails!
    Dudley

Tractor
    2009 Kubota RTV 900, 2009 Kubota B26 TLB & 2010 model LS P7010

Quote Originally Posted by CADplans View Post
    Well,, BOO HISS on KIDDE!!

My recalled fire extinguisher is a Kidde 10-B-C,,, they sent a Kidde 5-B-C

The new extinguisher is half the size of the old one, and weighs a pound less (about 1/3)

After 4 calls, I have been on hold for 15 minutes (thank goodness for speaker phones, and volume control)

I assume the one sent is 1/2 the capacity of the old one?

They sent a note that I should put the old one in the same packaging, and return,,,
    that is a JOKE, it should be a similar extinguisher, not half the size,,,
    My old extinguisher will not fit in the little box they sent,,

I have been on hold long enough to get a pic,,,

Yours appears to still be pressured up so I would keep it till they send the right one to you.
    2010 LS P-7010C 20F/20R gear tractor & FEL, 2009 Kubota B 26 TLB, RTV 900 Kubota,17 foot Lund boat with 70HP motor, 2012-20 ft 12k GVW trailer, 2011- 52" Craftsman ZTR mower, 2013 Ferris Zero Turn, 3 weed whackers, pressure washer, leaf blowers, 7 foot bush hog, 8 foot landscape rake , 8 foot 3 PH disc, 2 row cultivator, 350 amp Miller AC/DC welding machine and all the tools needed to keep them all repaired and running.

Tractor
    Kubota B7500HST

They have sent me 3 of the 4 that were recalled. All 3 of them were the correct item. I have no idea when (or if) the 4th one will show up.
    I also got a letter from Kidde which says "disregard the original shipping instructions". Basically that change amounts to calling Fedex for a home pickup instead of dropping off the returns at a Fedex store.
    I am not planning to send back the 3 that I have until the 4th one arrives. Too much of a PITA to deal with Fedex multiple times.

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    JD855, NH575E, Craftsman LT1000

I called on the 10th and was told both of mine were shipped. I haven't received them yet. After that I discovered I had a push button model on my tool box that was on the list so I filled out another form for that one.

Tractor
    Hyster H50

Did you get an email or tracking number or any acknowledgement that they received the claim? Been three weeks now and I'm not sure if it fell through the cracks due to the (probably) massive volume of claims or if someone mexicaned it off the porch.
    Whoever said that you can't fight city hall had obviously never met Marvin Heemeyer.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast