More Than 40 Million Kidde Fire Extinguishers made over last 40 years Recalled

/ More Than 40 Million Kidde Fire Extinguishers made over last 40 years Recalled #21  
Kind of feel a little bad... I have one that was recalled and I filled out the information... looks like I'll get a replacement!!! SHOUT OUT and a big Thanks to PastTense for posting this....

Oh, why am I feeling bad? I used the fire extinguisher to put out a propane tank that had flames burning out of the valve handle!!! Worked great!!!

I too get those feel bad feelings sometimes, they usually last for about 59 seconds............

/ More Than 40 Million Kidde Fire Extinguishers made over last 40 years Recalled #22  
Well,, BOO HISS on KIDDE!!

My recalled fire extinguisher is a Kidde 10-B-C,,, they sent a Kidde 5-B-C

The new extinguisher is half the size of the old one, and weighs a pound less (about 1/3)

After 4 calls, I have been on hold for 15 minutes (thank goodness for speaker phones, and volume control)

I assume the one sent is 1/2 the capacity of the old one?

They sent a note that I should put the old one in the same packaging, and return,,,
that is a JOKE, it should be a similar extinguisher, not half the size,,,
My old extinguisher will not fit in the little box they sent,,

I have been on hold long enough to get a pic,,,

Kidde_zpshfwinuto.jpg

/ More Than 40 Million Kidde Fire Extinguishers made over last 40 years Recalled #23  
We've 4, 3 of them being recalled.

The one I have on the tractor is not on the list even though it has a plastic handle: FX110E model wasn't on the list.

Ralph

/ More Than 40 Million Kidde Fire Extinguishers made over last 40 years Recalled #24  
CADplans, did you find out why the sent the smaller model?

/ More Than 40 Million Kidde Fire Extinguishers made over last 40 years Recalled #25  
I am glad some of you got your returns quickly. I guess mine will be in the 15-20 day range. Been 10 days so far. Both of mine have lost pressure and no longer in the green zone.

/ More Than 40 Million Kidde Fire Extinguishers made over last 40 years Recalled #26  
We've 4, 3 of them being recalled.

The one I have on the tractor is not on the list even though it has a plastic handle: FX110E model wasn't on the list.

Ralph

It's my understanding that all the FX models with plastic handles and a welded neck are recalled. Some of the ones with plastic handles and no welded neck are not recalled.

/ More Than 40 Million Kidde Fire Extinguishers made over last 40 years Recalled #27  
Well,, BOO HISS on KIDDE!!

My recalled fire extinguisher is a Kidde 10-B-C,,, they sent a Kidde 5-B-C

The new extinguisher is half the size of the old one, and weighs a pound less (about 1/3)

After 4 calls, I have been on hold for 15 minutes (thank goodness for speaker phones, and volume control)

I assume the one sent is 1/2 the capacity of the old one?

They sent a note that I should put the old one in the same packaging, and return,,,
that is a JOKE, it should be a similar extinguisher, not half the size,,,
My old extinguisher will not fit in the little box they sent,,

I have been on hold long enough to get a pic,,,

Kidde_zpshfwinuto.jpg

Yours appears to still be pressured up so I would keep it till they send the right one to you.

/ More Than 40 Million Kidde Fire Extinguishers made over last 40 years Recalled #28  
They have sent me 3 of the 4 that were recalled. All 3 of them were the correct item. I have no idea when (or if) the 4th one will show up.
I also got a letter from Kidde which says "disregard the original shipping instructions". Basically that change amounts to calling Fedex for a home pickup instead of dropping off the returns at a Fedex store.
I am not planning to send back the 3 that I have until the 4th one arrives. Too much of a PITA to deal with Fedex multiple times.

/ More Than 40 Million Kidde Fire Extinguishers made over last 40 years Recalled #29  
I called on the 10th and was told both of mine were shipped. I haven't received them yet. After that I discovered I had a push button model on my tool box that was on the list so I filled out another form for that one.

/ More Than 40 Million Kidde Fire Extinguishers made over last 40 years Recalled #30  
Did you get an email or tracking number or any acknowledgement that they received the claim? Been three weeks now and I'm not sure if it fell through the cracks due to the (probably) massive volume of claims or if someone mexicaned it off the porch.