Wife harvested a nice 8 point at our place

/ Wife harvested a nice 8 point at our place #1  

EddieWalker

Epic Contributor
Tractor
Several, all used and abused.
When I met my wife, she had never shot a gun, or even thought about hunting. Now she has three guns, and has taken 3 wild hogs, 3 axis deer, 2 springbok antelope and now her second whitetail buck. She can't decide if she loves hunting or fishing more, but either way, she is more exited for deer season to start then I am!!!!

We've seen 4 bucks and 6 does on our game camera, but they where all totally nocturnal. Then the biggest of the bucks showed up later in the morning after we had already left the blind without seeing anything, so yesterday morning, we said we would stay in the blind a lot longer. Fortunately, he showed up earlier at 7 am. At 130 yards, she made a perfect shot. Every one of her kills has been with one shot. She waits for the perfect opportunity, and for her breathing to slow down. She won't shoot until she is 100% confident in the shot. Her rifle is a Remington 700 youth model in 7mm-08

She is very excited about this buck and wants it mounted, so after dropping the meat off at the butcher, we took the cape to the taxidermist. Hopefully he will be on the wall this Spring.

STC_0142.JPG

STC_0344.JPG

23380061_10214911600566215_4909603623951942115_n.jpg

/ Wife harvested a nice 8 point at our place #2  
BIG congrats to your bride Eddie :thumbsup: indeed a NICE buck.

/ Wife harvested a nice 8 point at our place #3  
Nice buck, now she has a wall mount time to start taking does for the freezer,
up here in my area we have so many that the good bucks are getting fewer, they
are so over populated that a hard winter is going to eliminate 75% of them. Hardly
any browse in the woods and crop damage is ridiculous.

/ Wife harvested a nice 8 point at our place
Thank you. We can only take does during the 4 day of Thanksgiving. Thursday through Sunday. She said that this year, none of that visiting family stuff, we're gonna be in the deer blind!!!! We can each take a total of 2 bucks per year, and then 2 does during Thanksgiving for a total of 4. We've never taken more then one in a year, but she has the bug big time and wants to fill the freezer with as much venison as she can.

/ Wife harvested a nice 8 point at our place #5  
Hey don't take this the wrong way but tell your wife nice rack!

/ Wife harvested a nice 8 point at our place
   / Wife harvested a nice 8 point at our place #7  
Congrats! I love when you spot one on the camera and then eventually get him. A couple years ago, I had a buck with a couple of white spots in his coat. I'd see photo's of him, but never saw him in person until the last day of my hunting season. That was one of the few times I got buck fever. He wasn't the biggest deer I ever shot, but he was old and different and that made him special.

/ Wife harvested a nice 8 point at our place #8  
Congrats to your wife;it's always great to see women hunting.We started my youngest daughter ,daughter in law and two of my grand-daughters.All the girls are very good shots;lots of practice with the .22's/scopes.
I managed to fill my tag today;nothing special a 155# six point;broke my 9 year run of eight point or better.

/ Wife harvested a nice 8 point at our place #9  
Nice looking deer. I'm surprised how clean it looks. Pretty much every one I've seen up here the last few years have lots of ticks and spots all over them. Congrats to your wife! ;)

/ Wife harvested a nice 8 point at our place #10  
That is awesome!