My new 'Sticky Holster'

/ My new 'Sticky Holster' #1  

RSKY

Veteran Member
Kentucky, West of the Lakes, South of Possum Trot.
Tractor
Kioti CK20S
Walked around all day with my little Ruger in my Sticky Holster. I didn't intend to carry it all day, but forgot it was there. Thanks to all who recommended that particular one.

Wife's homemakers club met tonight at the BOB (Building Out Back of the church). We drove over about 9:00 this morning to set the room up and the door was unlocked and all the lights were on. Nobody we called could give a reason for the building and all the storerooms being unlocked. The back door was also unlocked which is only supposed to happen when there is a class or group there. It really shook my wife up because she usually goes up there alone. There had been a home invasion with shots fired this weekend by a guy from Texas. They caught the guy but people are still nervous. So she has mentioned taking her Smith out and practicing and carrying it when she is out by herself.

I know we live in a low crime rural area, I know we have a small but efficient and dedicated sheriffs office. I also know it would take forever for help to arrive if 911 called. So, as in the Texas town last weekend, it is up to the individual to provide some degree of their own protection. We are going shooting this week. Daughters and sons-in-law are being leaned on the get their CCL. One already has his and because of previous employment is always armed.

Just ramblin' off a bunch of nonsense.

RSKY

/ My new 'Sticky Holster' #2  
Not nonsense; sounds like what probably goes through the heads of most of us here.

/ My new 'Sticky Holster' #3  
They caught the home invasion guy right up the road from our house. Might be time to find a good comfortable holster for me.

/ My new 'Sticky Holster' #4  
Walked around all day with my little Ruger in my Sticky Holster. I didn't intend to carry it all day, but forgot it was there. Thanks to all who recommended that particular one.

Wife's homemakers club met tonight at the BOB (Building Out Back of the church). We drove over about 9:00 this morning to set the room up and the door was unlocked and all the lights were on. Nobody we called could give a reason for the building and all the storerooms being unlocked. The back door was also unlocked which is only supposed to happen when there is a class or group there. It really shook my wife up because she usually goes up there alone. There had been a home invasion with shots fired this weekend by a guy from Texas. They caught the guy but people are still nervous. So she has mentioned taking her Smith out and practicing and carrying it when she is out by herself.

I know we live in a low crime rural area, I know we have a small but efficient and dedicated sheriffs office. I also know it would take forever for help to arrive if 911 called. So, as in the Texas town last weekend, it is up to the individual to provide some degree of their own protection. We are going shooting this week. Daughters and sons-in-law are being leaned on the get their CCL. One already has his and because of previous employment is always armed.

Just ramblin' off a bunch of nonsense.

RSKY

I think that is a good idea. I am not armed around the house but everytime I go out I am with an inside the belt type with a 9mm, although I don't practice near what I should. I feel a lot more confident when in stores but still try to stay away from questionable places.

I am definitely armed in church services mostly because of the thinks happening as of late. Some time ago I had some email communication with a man while I was a minister in a small church in Wisconsin. I became very bitter with what I was saying and even though I never met the man I had the vibe something was going to happen. I started carrying in church while preaching while glancing at the door at times. The biggest problem would be if there are a bunch of people around and I wasn't close enough to the shooter to get a clean shot. I sure wouldn't want to nail some innocent bystander.

/ My new 'Sticky Holster'
I missed the previous thread about sticky holsters. This one caught my eye, because I recently read an article from a guy that doesn稚 like them. He claims they don稚 stay in place well enough.

I have no personal experience with them. FWIW, #Don'tDigTheRig (Of XDs and Sticky Holsters) | Buckeye Firearms Association

I had never heard of them until I asked about holsters for a small 380 in another thread. It was less than $30 and so far has worked as promised. I have carried the Ruger for two days from sunup to sundown just to see how it works and I forget about having it on me.

With all the hate toward Christians due to the abortion and other debates going around the country I expect more church shootings. Our little church has installed a video system so the guy in the electronics booth (he controls pages in the songbook and other scenes displayed on a screen) can see if anybody is trying to get in during services. I know that some of the elders or deacons are armed as are several of the attendees. There are a LOT of teens and young children at our church. We will protect them.

I do know of one church close to our house that had an incident a couple months ago where the preacher could see a man walking around looking in the door and windows. The preacher had everybody look up at him and signaled a man to investigate. The man and two others went out and confronted the trespasser. They brought him into the church and gave him water and some of the children's snacks. He was harmless but the guy telling about it was impressed that there apparently was a procedure in place to investigate a person lurking outside the church.

RSKY

/ My new 'Sticky Holster' #7  
Just be careful, dropping your drawers... you don't drop your pistol as well. heh...