Hand surgery

/ Hand surgery #1  

murph1

Platinum Member
Tractor
MF-135 DK-40se Ventrac 4500
Anyone have surgery on their hand to correct the thumb? I will be having procedure for correct thumb,trigger finger and carpel tunnel on my right hand. I am looking for ways to keep my arm raised for 3 days to keep the swelling down. Recoup time is 12 weeks.

/ Hand surgery #2  
I've had it done to both hands, at different times. In office procedure with a local. Felt like the Doc was taking a tire off a rim. Healed fast, I even mowed the lawn with a push mower the same day. Maybe not the smartest move.

/ Hand surgery #3  
Anyone have surgery on their hand to correct the thumb? I will be having procedure for correct thumb,trigger finger and carpel tunnel on my right hand. I am looking for ways to keep my arm raised for 3 days to keep the swelling down. Recoup time is 12 weeks.

No help here, but you sure have my sympathy. Sounds like a long, painful ordeal ahead.

/ Hand surgery #4  
Had bilateral carpal tunnel release in 2015. Palm was real tender and was uncomfortable to use a wrench or mallet in the shop but a few weeks later it was all good. Took 7 weeks off from work. Did right hand first, next week did the left.

Brett

/ Hand surgery #5  
I had carpel tunnel surgery 20 years ago on the right wrist . Effected the middle finger,forefinger and pinkie finger. Also moved the Ulnar nerve in right elbow...bone spur. Took off work 8 weeks, but took at least 1 year to get back to some normalcy. The surgery fixed alot of problems .....YEA

/ Hand surgery #6  
I don't know about the thumb problem, but I had carpal tunnel surgery on my left hand on Aug. 4, 1997, and on the right hand on Sept. 3, 1997. But the time I had the surgery, my pain was so bad that I had quit going to bed at night; just sat in my recliner. When the first (left hand) surgery was done, I overheard the surgeon telling the anesthesiologist that it was the worst he'd ever seen. The day after the surgery, the nurse called and asked if I was in much pain, and I assured her that I was hurting bad . . . not the hand that had the surgery, but the other hand. They said they liked to wait three months to do the second hand, but I finally convinced them to do the second hand after one month; instant relief.

Of course it does make a difference as to whether you get the right doctor. My mother had carpal tunnel surgery in another town and it didn't help. Then she had it re-done by the doctor I used, and that fixed the problem

/ Hand surgery #7  
i'm scheduled for both hands endoscopic carpal tunnel surgery 2 weeks apart , one nov 30, the next dec 14..
i'm hoping you have a speedy recovery! i expect to take a couple days off work each time, and basically
be on light duty, mostly desk work for a few weeks.

/ Hand surgery #8  
Me too. Seems to be all the rage at the moment... Left thumb, left index and middle fingers and right index finger. Thumb is carpal, fingers are trigger finger or Vikings disease. That is early next year. Monday coming I will be in hospital again for a re-do of a surgery I had a couple of months ago.
The hospital is getting to know me well, or at least some parts of me...:eek:

/ Hand surgery #9  
My oldest brother had some type of ligament repair on his right hand. Can't tell you what it was but he had some pieces of All Thread sticking out of the back of his hand and the base of his thumb. He said he had to go back to the doctor every few weeks "to get his nuts tightened". I guess this went on for months. Don't know if he just enjoyed it or if it was a legitimate part of the treatment. He seems to be doing much better now several years later. I have carpal tunnel & hate the fact that my hands go numb. Plucking at a keyboard seems to make it worse. The next day I spend more time shaking my hands to try to get my fingers to wake up. I have to have the surgery but will wait until the wife is all done with chemo & radiation and I can have a couple of other more important surgeries done first.

/ Hand surgery #10  
i'm scheduled for both hands endoscopic carpal tunnel surgery 2 weeks apart , one nov 30, the next dec 14..
i'm hoping you have a speedy recovery! i expect to take a couple days off work each time, and basically
be on light duty, mostly desk work for a few weeks.

If you can talk them into doing them one week apart do it. Quicker recovery and less down time

Brett