Snobs moving to the country

/ Snobs moving to the country #31  
I could give a red rats ***** if they wave or not.Why do folks feel the need to be acknowledged?

Kind of with coobie on this one.. Wave don't wave IDK.. I sometimes wave sometimes don't feel like waving.. doesn't make me an @$$ or someone different. Reading too much into this one IMO.

If someone waves I try to wave back but honestly sometimes I'm too dang slow.

/ Snobs moving to the country #32  
Yes and no, there is more to the story.
I own next to and across the road. I like to cut firewood in the summer earlyish. I start no earlier then 8am. When he first moved in after the first few non waves from the car I am cutting wood at around 10am. I see him come out of his house, I stop what I am doing make eye contact and start to walk over. He turns his back and walks back in the house. OK . Another time my wife and I were walking the dog and he is outside, again makes a bee line into the garage. With that and not waving I clearly got the vibe he wanted nothing to do with me. If my cutting bothered him I would have stopped if he asked. Really want nothing to do with someone who wants nothing to do with me. I damage his truck or something I am in a law suit just like that. He waves me down and asks I help. I frequently plow my other neighbors out and one I have maybe spent a total of 10 minutes total talking to him in 15 years. Even though he never asked I stopped cutting wood until midday even though I have no clue if that was it. He may be mad I put posted signs up right after he moved in, but the truth is I removed the previous one a few weeks prior to him moving and was replacing them. Don't know .............

Wouldn't even sweat that.. just be who you are all the time and if he doesn't like it too bad. Assuming your a good dude. I learned too late in life... if I try and please everyone I'll just drive myself crazy. Be good to people all the time if you can and if a few don't like you, oh well.. I can sleep with that.

/ Snobs moving to the country #33  
Well, truth be told, it's not the people moving to the country who are being 'snobs' (as asked in this thread). They don't know any better. It's how the 'already there' people treat them too.

As an example, Tasmania is a very rural island State with a total population of 515,000 (2016). There's the Big Smoke city folk, but the majority of us are spread around wee towns and large properties. When I was finally able to retire to my property (5 years ago) I was 'warned' that, "unless you're at least 3rd generation, you're a 'blow-in' outsider."

Crock'O'shiat.

Because I got involved. Volunteered with the Navy Cadets (a youth organisation), joined the RSL (Legion) & march with the Vets in every parade, and I joined my local Church (CoE). I made a point of meeting my immediate neighbours and let them know that my tractor (and I) am available for them. I help bring in the annual hay crop from the people who I buy from... because it's "tractor fun" for me. I could go on & on, but the point, and truth, is...

As long as you're putting in to the community, you, yourself, are 'in'. Acknowledgement has nothing to do with it.

I'll continue to wave.

/ Snobs moving to the country #34  
Wave or don't wave, I don't care. Most Jeep Wrangler drivers wave to each other and up here most everybody waves to me. I wave back IF i am awake enough.
Anybody stops me and asks for help, I will if I am capable of it. If not then I can usually put you onto someone that is.

/ Snobs moving to the country #35  
Where are you from? In Massachusetts the only waiving you get is a finger !

/ Snobs moving to the country #36  
If I'm using the tractor along the road, I wave to folks and they usually wave back if they see me. In my experience, the biggest snobs that I encounter are the road bikers in their brightly colored Shimano (et al) jerseys. They rarely reciprocate when waved to. I think they must be hyper-focused on zooming their bikes down the road two or three abreast. With pedal bikers, I wait for them to initiate the wave.

/ Snobs moving to the country #38  
When riding a motorcycle all other bikers discretely waved, but I am not sure about Harley riders anymore.

We moved to rural Tennessee where everyone seems to own a pick up truck and is seems all pickup drivers tend to wave down here; Except me. They must think I am a snob, but I really am not, just lazy. My problem is I drive with my hands near the bottom of the steering wheel, maybe with one finger or one hand, it all depends. By the time I see others wave it is just to much work raising my arm to give a cursory wave, so I just blow by and give a head nod which they may or may not see. I do wave back when I do have time or my hands are where it works easily.

Neighbor woman directly across the street won't wave no matter what. My wife got shot down at least 5-10 times already even though they were only a couple hundred feet away from each other. The husband will wave but I have not ever spoken to him since we moved in 4 years ago, and the same with the neighbor right next to him.

The neighbor right next to us on one side we never had any interaction with. But his dad an trucker, cat, backhoe guy who lives on the other side of him is always waving we we and interact and chit chat now and then. Two other neighbors are fine.

I think it might be a regional thing. A number of people here are from way up north or from way down south and maybe that has something to do about it. They possibly think out of staters are muckin up the works and they might be right, I just don't know.:confused3::confused3:

/ Snobs moving to the country #40  
I think its just people being people.
We have ~6 neighbors (counting families, not people), 1 is family, 2 we get along with very well (3 if you count the house owned by a family member), 1 who is never around, and the other two we will help out if they need snow plowed (or pushing a car that died back into the driveway), but otherwise we just wave and they generally wave back.

Aaron Z