Snobs moving to the country

/ Snobs moving to the country #1  

TractorGuy

Elite Member
Tractor
John Deere 4310 CUT, Ford New Holland 575E Industrial Backhoe, John Deere F725 Front Mount Mower
What's up with folks today? As time goes on we have more people developing property and more people using our road. I have noticed a few that won't and don't waive as they pass by. Today I was grading the road and 80% of the people passing by would not make eye contact or waive. I wonder if they feel guilt for not contributing to the road maintenance.

/ Snobs moving to the country #2  
City folks tend to be anti-social. They bring that attitude with them to the country. It's nothing personal about you so just continue to wave and eventually they may learn to be civil. :wave:

/ Snobs moving to the country #3  
Try waving to them. I live on a state rd, but still wave when I'm out along the road on the mower. One guy down the road always waves when i go by, and i always wave back. Never met him.

/ Snobs moving to the country #4  
My newest neighbor never used to wave or even acknowledge when I drove by. I waved the first time I saw him in the drive and got no reaction. Then one day after a 3 foot snow storm he put his trunk in the ditch next to his house. He finally looked at me with a look of frustration when I drove by on the tractor to help the elderly neighbor with her drive. He was still digging when I went back through. If he would of motioned to me I would of stopped, he did not so I did not. Took him close to 5 hours to get the truck out and his drive clear. I could and would of done both in 15 minutes or less. He has since given me the ''nod'' a few times. So yes it's happening here too.

/ Snobs moving to the country #5  
Personally, if I was going by on the tractor, I would have stopped anyways and helped. I lived in town most of my life and recently moved to the country. Yes, people are friendlier here, but city people have a lot more to be leery about and I think its just bred into them not to be so trusting. Just sayin'

/ Snobs moving to the country #6  
They just don't know the un-written rules... that's all.

Outside of a town, a wave (or just a 'polite' raised finger off of the steering wheel) is the polite thing to do. If they don't respond... Oh well.

/ Snobs moving to the country #7  
They just don't know the un-written rules... that's all.

Outside of a town, a wave (or just a 'polite' raised finger off of the steering wheel) is the polite thing to do. If they don't respond... Oh well.

Then, you can always give them that other finger......:eek:

/ Snobs moving to the country #10  
My newest neighbor never used to wave or even acknowledge when I drove by. I waved the first time I saw him in the drive and got no reaction. Then one day after a 3 foot snow storm he put his trunk in the ditch next to his house. He finally looked at me with a look of frustration when I drove by on the tractor to help the elderly neighbor with her drive. He was still digging when I went back through. If he would of motioned to me I would of stopped, he did not so I did not. Took him close to 5 hours to get the truck out and his drive clear. I could and would of done both in 15 minutes or less. He has since given me the ''nod'' a few times. So yes it's happening here too.

You just documented being less neighborly than him.