Got my first deer off the new camera setup

/ Got my first deer off the new camera setup #1  

TractorGuy

Elite Member
Tractor
John Deere 4310 CUT, Ford New Holland 575E Industrial Backhoe, John Deere F725 Front Mount Mower
This was captured with the Reolink RLC-411WS cameras I have been working with. Little bugger walked right in front of the camera and posed.

192.168.8.107_01_300633192.jpg

/ Got my first deer off the new camera setup #2  
Nice buck. Give him a few years and he could be a prize! I am always amazed at the camera hogs in my neck of the woods! Had a bear take a nap in front of one of my cameras! He slept for 20 minutes and got up and lumbered on.

2014042108.JPG

Attachments

• 04220056.JPG
    04220056.JPG
    764.9 KB · Views: 63
   / Got my first deer off the new camera setup #3  
How did you pick the camera placement?

/ Got my first deer off the new camera setup #4  

Look for a well used trail or fence/creek crossing. Bait works great but know the laws about hunting over bait. There's no law against lureing with bait to take pictures but most places forbid killing within a certain distance.

/ Got my first deer off the new camera setup #5  
Had this guy on my camera before the gun season.He must still be in hiding.

Attachments

• IMG_0158.JPG
    IMG_0158.JPG
    3.2 MB · Views: 152
   / Got my first deer off the new camera setup

This one was dumb luck. After a week of no traffic where I saw tracks and placed a mineral Bock I moved the cameras to the middle of the front yard about 50 ft from the house.

/ Got my first deer off the new camera setup

That is a very handsome buck indeed!

I have 1 set of large tracks on my property but I have yet to capture a picture of it.

/ Got my first deer off the new camera setup #8  
Before you know it you'll have 2 maybe 3 cams,and the photos will be surprising/interesting at times. :thumbsup:

/ Got my first deer off the new camera setup #9  
JD855guy; That is a fantastic picture! Nice and clear! Oh, nice looking deer, too. Give him a couple of years and you will get some nice meat off him too. Invest in some rotten apples, crab apples and cracked corn and he will keep coming around. A salt lick wouldn't hurt either. :)

/ Got my first deer off the new camera setup #10  

Super nice buck, coobie; standing proud and posing for you. He needs to live and procreate.