Purchasing ammo online

/ Purchasing ammo online #1  

RSKY

Veteran Member
Kentucky, West of the Lakes, South of Possum Trot.
Tractor
Kioti CK20S
I made my yearly ammo purchase last week and received the last package yesterday. For some reason it seems I get better prices and better deals in December than any other time. Free shipping, items on sale, or other good deals. I made a list of what I wanted and since I am semi-sidelined after minor surgery I had time to shop and compare. Excel is your friend when planning on spending a couple hundred bucks online. Some things I found out.

The best price is often NOT the best price. The company with by far the best prices on ammo also has the highest shipping charges with items coming from several different warehouses. One box of 22 coming from a different warehouse added $5 to the $3.29 price of the ammo. Holy Smokes that is crazy. So after seeing that I found other sites that had higher prices but 'free shipping over $50' or 'free shipping on all items. I ended up buying from three different web-sites. One, Academy, because they had free shipping on everything and anything. The second, Outdoor Limited, because they were the only ones that had Speer Short Barrel Ammo in stock for a reasonable price. They were as much as $10 a box cheaper than anybody else for that brand/type. The third site was Able Ammo. The bulk of the orders went to them because they had better prices and ammo in stock.

Unusually for me most of what I ordered was self defense ammo. I finally got the Short Barrel for the wife's snubby and my Kahr. I also reordered a couple boxes of Critical Defense that I had shot off practicing. First of that type ammo I have ordered in years. I did get quite a bit for four legged varmints. Prices on CCI Quiet 22LR varied from slightly over $3 a box to over $10 for the same item at a different store. I found Remington LEAD #2 shot for $7.98 a box on sale. Perfect for long range skunk, squirrel, and other critters. Stingers varied from $5.99 to $15. As for 410 shells the price range for the same item was just as bad. All in all I saved about a third by shopping and placing orders at different stores.

Also if you go thru E-bates you can get 1.5% back from Academy. That adds up too.

The purpose of this long winded post is to bring to your attention that you can save a lot of money by comparing online stores.

Also, I am bored.

RSKY

/ Purchasing ammo online #2  
I use target sports usa. Try gun.deals for price shopping

/ Purchasing ammo online #5  
In NY state we can't purchase "mail order" ammo!

/ Purchasing ammo online #6  
I use Target Sports USA. And MidwayUSA Have saved $100s over ordering or buying locally.
..... MidwayUSA also has some of the best customer service in the industry. And the owners are great people, who donate a lot of money to get kids involved in shooting sports, etc

/ Purchasing ammo online #7  
I use Target Sports USA. And MidwayUSA Have saved $100s over ordering or buying locally.
..... MidwayUSA also has some of the best customer service in the industry. And the owners are great people, who donate a lot of money to get kids involved in shooting sports, etc

I buy case lots from target sports ,free shipping

/ Purchasing ammo online #8  
I don't buy that much so I order from Academy Sports when it's on sale and I get it in 1-2 days. I don't mind paying a little more for better-brand ammo. I don't care to burn any of that off-shore ammo in any of my guns.

A lot things are on sale this time of the year. Places are competing for the Christmas dollar. If you have the money to spare, it's a good time to get those "non-gift" tools. I picked up some good buys for the new-to-me Bridgeport mill.

/ Purchasing ammo online #9  
target sports wanted me to send them a copy of my DL.