Difference in Carhartt vs Wrangler

/ Difference in Carhartt vs Wrangler #1  

Gem99ultra

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota L3400HST
Getting ready to order new canvas long sleeve shirts. I see Wrangler long sleeve for $20. Similar description for Carhartt is $120! Major difference. Are Carhatt's worth that much more?

/ Difference in Carhartt vs Wrangler #2  
Absolutely not.........everything tagged Carhartt is overpriced. They make good stuff.......but overpriced.

/ Difference in Carhartt vs Wrangler #3  
I buy wrangler brush poppers for working in the brush and woods. BUT I always have the wife go to the 2nd hand store first when I need new work clothes. She always finds excellent deals. I like to wear wrangler pants, but hate to pay for them. Same with the shirts. Half the time she will bring stuff home with the tags still on it for a fraction of the cost. One time she brought home a brand new 20X shirt that had the tags on it for like $3.00 I have a Brazos jacket that looks feels and acts like a carhart. Bout it new for half the price at Academy sports and out doors. Anyways check out the 2nd hand store, goodwill, thrift stores, salvation army, etc before you buy new clothes. No different than buying a new to you used truck. Another thing I will mention is that all our undergarments and boots we buy new.

I guess I coulda just said buy wrangler.

/ Difference in Carhartt vs Wrangler #4  
For me, the Carhartt pants far outlast both Wrangler and Levis 505. The best work pants I have seen are "Firehose" from Duluth trading, and that was several years ago. I don't have any recent experience with their work pants, but their shirts are still good.

/ Difference in Carhartt vs Wrangler #5  
I buy Duluth Trading Firehose work pants. A bit tough on my hide until after a couple washings but they last like iron. Current pair is going on four + years - brand new pair waiting in the wings.

/ Difference in Carhartt vs Wrangler #6  
I love Carhartt stuff, but I get Wrangler jeans any time I need them for 16 bucks in this area.
For shirts and underwear, I have moved to Duluth brand. They are normally above my comfort zone price wise, but you can find them on sale for close to half price a couple of times a year. Duluth quality seems even a step better than Carhartt judging from the things I’ve bought so far.

I am so hard on work coats, I only buy from resale shops or deeply discounted sales, either way, they don’t live long.

/ Difference in Carhartt vs Wrangler #7  
I was a huge Carhartt fan. But I realized that the pants fit vastly different depending on what I ordered. I have now switched to the Wrangler RIGGS stuff. It’s been very good so far. And, as you point out, it’s cheaper!

/ Difference in Carhartt vs Wrangler #8  
I love Carhartt stuff, but I get Wrangler jeans any time I need them for 16 bucks in this area.

Yep, same here. I haven't paid $20 for a pair of jeans for many, many years.

/ Difference in Carhartt vs Wrangler #9  
<snip> One time she brought home a brand new 20X shirt that had the tags on it for like $3.00 I have a Brazos jacket that looks feels and acts like a carhart.<snip>
20X?

For me, the Carhartt pants far outlast both Wrangler and Levis 505. The best work pants I have seen are "Firehose" from Duluth trading, and that was several years ago. I don't have any recent experience with their work pants, but their shirts are still good.
:thumbsup::thumbsup:

I buy Duluth Trading Firehose work pants. A bit tough on my hide until after a couple washings but they last like iron. Current pair is going on four + years - brand new pair waiting in the wings.
:thumbsup::thumbsup:

I've got two prime rules for pants. Durability and cargo pockets. I used to wear Poppers and BDU's, but they tend to wear out. My first Duluths were the Fire Hose Cargo Work Pants and then the Fire Hose Briar Pants back in 2015, because I tend to get into the briars. The briar pants don't have cargo pockets but the extra protection is worth it. And about all I've been wearing for long pants are the Duluths since 2015.

I've since bought several of their other variations (only when they went on special of course) of their cargo pants and only the "dry on the fly" were not suitable for going through the briars, brambles and brushes where a rabbit couldn't go. The briar pants are my go to's for when I'm cutting trees down in Mississippi. The last thing I want to worry about is getting trapped in thorns.

/ Difference in Carhartt vs Wrangler #10  
Car hart has become more of a “trendy” line of clothing over the years. They are now more “marketed” and people are buying absolutely junk, just because they put the name Carhart on it.

As soon as it became “trendy” I had to stop buying carhart.