Drivers license online

/ Drivers license online #11  
We can renew online every other time in VA. In between, you have to go into the DMV so they can take a new picture.

/ Drivers license online #12  
Washington state has an age cutoff. Over 70 - you go to the DOL office and renew in person. You will need to pass a vision test and have new photo taken. New license is still good for six years.

Otherwise - you can renew your license on line.

/ Drivers license online
Just renewed my FL license and online was not an option. I thought all states were required to prove citizenship by federal law. I did try to look into doing it online and almost got scammed by a look alike site.

I had to present my birth certificate, SS card, and two pieces of mail with my name and address.

When you first got your states drivers license, didn't you already "prove" your citizenship?

Remember, and I believe this is a fact, you can't get your original state drivers license online, but you can renew it online (I'm assuming if your address hasn't changed, but I don't know that for a fact, but my address on the DL was the only option I saw at the time online).

If I've proved who I say I am and already have my drivers license, and still live with what's listed on my DL, why should I keep having to prove who I am when they already have that information on file?

Now, if you loose your issued drivers license, at least in NC, I believe it's noted that it's a copy of some sort on the DL when you get a replacement.

/ Drivers license online #14  
When you first got your states drivers license, didn't you already "prove" your citizenship?

Remember, and I believe this is a fact, you can't get your original state drivers license online, but you can renew it online (I'm assuming if your address hasn't changed, but I don't know that for a fact, but my address on the DL was the only option I saw at the time online).

If I've proved who I say I am and already have my drivers license, and still live with what's listed on my DL, why should I keep having to prove who I am when they already have that information on file?

Now, if you loose your issued drivers license, at least in NC, I believe it's noted that it's a copy of some sort on the DL when you get a replacement.

You would think a person that has had a license for 50 years with a safe driver status for over 40 would be considered a citizen. They say this new requirement is due to a federal law that was created after 9/11 to weed out terrorist.

/ Drivers license online #15  
Holy cow - how can anybody be expected to remember what "paperwork" was required when they first obtained their drivers license. I do remember having to demonstrate proper technique for parallel parking my two oxen and farm wagon. Merging with existing traffic on the 'ol trail out of town was a bit challenging also.

However, the greatest challenge was my license renewal in Glennallen, AK. I had to make two complete circuits around the State Police barracks while the trooper inside ate his lunch and observed every detail. I was not allowed to drink while conducting this exhausting test either.

/ Drivers license online #16  
Massachusetts can do license online if picture less then 14 years old. $40 for 5 years.

Here car dealers are able to do registrations and issue plates. Recently was able to turn in plates and cancel registration at my insurance agent.

During my license test spun the tires pulling out of the registry in to traffic. Registry office didn't say anything. 3-point turn on hill curve, back to registry and got my license.

/ Drivers license online #17  
You would think a person that has had a license for 50 years with a safe driver status for over 40 would be considered a citizen. They say this new requirement is due to a federal law that was created after 9/11 to weed out terrorist.
It's actually more recent. Starting October 2020 you will need a passport or other proof to even fly domestically. The new driver's license requirements are a means to incorporate the new requirements so you need only carry a single ID.

/ Drivers license online #18  
My mom is over 80 and now Texas requires her to renew every 2 years in person. The only test is a vision test.

In Texas, you can usually renew online, in person, by mail, or by telephone. Texas drivers license is normally good for 6 years, you can renew one time online (which I did) so you only have to go in person and have a new photo made every 12 years. You can also renew at your convenience up to one year early, if you wish. So my license would have expired on 1/28/2017, but I went in person and renewed it on 3/23/2016 ($25); had to read the eye chart and now restricted to wearing glasses, and gave them a thumb print. So I expected to have to renew in person every two years in the future, since I'll be 78 in a couple of weeks. However, my current license is valid until 1/28/2023, and I learned that you only have to start the renewal in person every 2 years at the age of 85 and it costs $9. So I won't have to do it again until I'm 83 (and no male member of my family has ever lived that long).:laughing:

If I remember right, I had to take a copy of my birth certificate to get my first Texas drivers license, but since that was over 60 years ago, I won't swear to it.:laughing:

/ Drivers license online #19  
Well - Bird - it would appear, then, that you are well on the way to a family record. Illigitimus non vous carbarundum. ( Don't let the bastards grind you down).

/ Drivers license online #20  
I learned that you only have to start the renewal in person every 2 years at the age of 85 and it costs $9.

I stand corrected, 85 not 80 years old for renewing every 2 years in person in Texas.