Quirky and OCD tendencies..... Anyone else have them?

/ Quirky and OCD tendencies..... Anyone else have them? #11  
Makes you feel all is OK with your world, don't it? :laughing:

/ Quirky and OCD tendencies..... Anyone else have them? #12  
OCD can be debilitating for some. Managed, it is ok. It is good to not let patterns develop and to discard the ones that have. I've seen it up close. Not good. They even have medications to reduce its impact, but medications are a story in themselves.
Somebody more familiar with the topic than me told me that almost everybody has one or more of the common ones (e.g. counting, or arranging paper clips by size and direction or keeping money in a uniform direction). Many of them are harmless.

/ Quirky and OCD tendencies..... Anyone else have them? #13  
I ended up putting all the switch and receptical covers on with all the screws having to be perfectly vertical. :confused3:

YOU MONSTER! They belong horizontal!

3 way switches bug me a bit as well. I definitely stack and face all cans in the pantry. Same with the beer fridge in the garage, once upon a time I'd even front them.

When I moved almost 2 years ago my jumbo sized Q-Tip container got terribly mixed up. I seriously considered throwing them away. :laughing:

But I know people much worse than me. The kind of person that has to re-tie a shoe because it isn't as tight as the other one. "They're uneven" :eek:

/ Quirky and OCD tendencies..... Anyone else have them? #14  
YOU MONSTER! They belong horizontal!

This is exactly what I was going to post. How could anyone live in a house where they're not exactly horizontal? Have you no decency?

/ Quirky and OCD tendencies..... Anyone else have them? #15  
This is exactly what I was going to post. How could anyone live in a house where they're not exactly horizontal? Have you no decency?

I like them all perfectly horizontal also although the logical part of my brain says they should be vertical (or parallel to a TOGGLE switch).

/ Quirky and OCD tendencies..... Anyone else have them? #16  
I thought my counting stairs was weird. But making sure screws in a receptacle or switch being horizontal or vertical is kinda wacky. I just make sure they are tight enough without cracking the plastic.

/ Quirky and OCD tendencies..... Anyone else have them? #17  
OMG- I just checked my wall switches, cereal boxes. pantry, and wallet. I must be a failure as none of them complied with the above examples, albeit I do recall counting stairs a few times in my past:banghead:

/ Quirky and OCD tendencies..... Anyone else have them? #18  
Yep, that's me. Toilet paper flap, over the top. Can labels all facing out. Left leg first in to pants. Wife just calls me "Weird-O".

/ Quirky and OCD tendencies..... Anyone else have them? #19  
13 steps

/ Quirky and OCD tendencies..... Anyone else have them? #20  
hanging towels need to be aligned correctly. Seems I spend most of my life straightening towels others leave in a mess. :)

In our previous home, the family would daily leave the pantry door not completely closed. Everytime I would walk through the kitchen involved closing the door. I guess I don't like half closed things.

Toolbox drawers also need to be closed.

Shoes need to be orderly when off your feet. Hate seeing a pile of scattered shoes.

I'm sure I could go on and on, but that is enough introspection for the day.