Quirky and OCD tendencies..... Anyone else have them?

/ Quirky and OCD tendencies..... Anyone else have them? #1  

Pixguy

Tractor
2011 MF 2410 TLB
So as I get older and reflect on myself, I'm starting to see some tendencies that could be considered OCD.

Here's a few.

1. When I wired my home (town allows it and liscenced brother oversaw it and did panel work) I ended up putting all the switch and receptical covers on with all the screws having to be perfectly vertical. :confused3:

2. I eat cold cereal about 5 days a week for breakfast alternating 3-4 types. Total, Cheerios etc. and I abhor stale cereal. I'm very careful to only open 3-4" of the bag on one end and I perfectly fold it down and use a chip clip to seal it. My wife and I have "discussed" this and now she stays away from my boxes. I've even went through the boxes to reclose them when we have overnight guests to be sure. :confused2:

3. I want 10-12 cans of soup that I like in the house in case of snowstorms or hurricanes. Sure, we have a generator and 4wd to get to a market but why not be prepared. My wife and shopper doesn't agree with my thoughts on this so I try to stay out of the pantry so I won't see our "unpreparedness."

Am I the only weird one here? :cool2:

/ Quirky and OCD tendencies..... Anyone else have them? #2  
I guess the one that stands out for me is I count stairs. Weird I know. Not sure why but I have done it for as long as I can remember.

/ Quirky and OCD tendencies..... Anyone else have them? #3  
My hoarding behaviors and personal grooming skills have "reportedly" worsened :rolleyes:, my self-diagnosed late onset adult attention deficit hyperactivity disorder appears more pronounced, and I may be developing hydrophobia. :eek:

It's a function of my "maturation" :rolleyes:, and all is good :wink::cool:

/ Quirky and OCD tendencies..... Anyone else have them? #4  
I guess the one that stands out for me is I count stairs. Weird I know. Not sure why but I have done it for as long as I can remember.
"Counting" is pretty common (I do it). Harmless I think. I also seem to have a thing about 3 way light switches...being in the down position when "off" (kind of defeats the purpose I guess). I don't obsess over it but I notice and with time will get them that way.

/ Quirky and OCD tendencies..... Anyone else have them? #5  
I agree with wanting the 3 way light switches to be down when off. If you do not, and if the power goes out in the evening so you go to bed, you may wake up in the middle of the night with half the lights on in the house. If you know they should be down when off, you can go around with your flashlight and turn everything off before going to bed. Unfortunately, that is not part of the electrical code.

/ Quirky and OCD tendencies..... Anyone else have them? #6  
- Switch and receptacle screws should be vertical. If they're horizontal, they collect dust and dirt.
- My wife and I BOTH keep the cereal opened only as much as necessary to prevent staleness. (I also arrange the boxes so I can read the labels).
- We've got enough food to last several months, but never the right kind of soups that I like. :confused3:
- I count stairs religiously.... stems from my childhood. We had about 140-150 steps going down to the lake. I say 'about', because it depended on how many would get heaved out by the frost each year and how many my dad decided to put back. I also take them two-at-a-time almost always. Why? Because it'll take me twice as long to get up those 150 steps as if I took them one-at-a-time! :)
- I also arrange the three-ways so they are down when off. But we've got a 4-way in the basement, and once in a while it'll take two trips up and down the stairs to get them all down.
- I also like the number 8. I have to take 8 swallows of a pop, beer, water, drinking fountain, etc... when I'm quenching a thirst, but not when eating dinner. I can do one sip, then. And I usually keep my turn signal on for 8 blinks when changing lanes, 4 before and 4 during. And if I have an itch, I'll scratch it 8 times. And I'll try and count to 8 before honking my horn at some dufus sitting at a green light in front of me on his cell phone, then let 'em have it. :rolleyes: 8 swipes of deodorant, too. Oh man, that's weird. :laughing:

/ Quirky and OCD tendencies..... Anyone else have them? #7  
Same for me to pretty much everything mentioned so far....

/ Quirky and OCD tendencies..... Anyone else have them?
- Switch and receptacle screws should be vertical. If they're horizontal, they collect dust and dirt.
- My wife and I BOTH keep the cereal opened only as much as necessary to prevent staleness. (I also arrange the boxes so I can read the labels).
- We've got enough food to last several months, but never the right kind of soups that I like. :confused3:
- I count stairs religiously.... stems from my childhood. We had about 140-150 steps going down to the lake. I say 'about', because it depended on how many would get heaved out by the frost each year and how many my dad decided to put back. I also take them two-at-a-time almost always. Why? Because it'll take me twice as long to get up those 150 steps as if I took them one-at-a-time! :)
- I also arrange the three-ways so they are down when off. But we've got a 4-way in the basement, and once in a while it'll take two trips up and down the stairs to get them all down.
- I also like the number 8. I have to take 8 swallows of a pop, beer, water, drinking fountain, etc... when I'm quenching a thirst, but not when eating dinner. I can do one sip, then. And I usually keep my turn signal on for 8 blinks when changing lanes, 4 before and 4 during. And if I have an itch, I'll scratch it 8 times. And I'll try and count to 8 before honking my horn at some dufus sitting at a green light in front of me on his cell phone, then let 'em have it. :rolleyes: 8 swipes of deodorant, too. Oh man, that's weird. :laughing:

Boy, I thought I was weird........ :laughing:

/ Quirky and OCD tendencies..... Anyone else have them? #9  
OCD can be debilitating for some. Managed, it is ok. It is good to not let patterns develop and to discard the ones that have. I've seen it up close. Not good. They even have medications to reduce its impact, but medications are a story in themselves.

/ Quirky and OCD tendencies..... Anyone else have them? #10  
In answer to the question.... uh..no...