Whats everybody paying for propane

/ Whats everybody paying for propane #21  
If it ever gets to -40 in Eastern Kansas I will buy a one way ticket the **** out of here

/ Whats everybody paying for propane #22  
92 cents back in august.1 fill per year 500 gal. tank we own.Main heat source = wood pellets.

/ Whats everybody paying for propane #23  
Just got a delivery today, not happy. They said my contract expired LAST month when I was sure it was this month. Anyway, they hit me with $2.999/gal. They're going to call me back to renegotiate that price.

This further solidified my need for my own in ground tank.

/ Whats everybody paying for propane #24  
In Connecticut I am finding propane dealers don't want to deal with homeowner owned tanks. I own my tank and went to the local dealer asking for a quote on a garage heater install. Keep in mind this is the dealer that did the original propane install at the house, although I later bought my own propane tank. They said since they didn't do the last fill they didn't want the liability for installing equipment. Is this normal in other states or is this just a way for dealers to avoid competition? Jim

/ Whats everybody paying for propane #25  
In Connecticut I am finding propane dealers don't want to deal with homeowner owned tanks. I own my tank and went to the local dealer asking for a quote on a garage heater install. Keep in mind this is the dealer that did the original propane install at the house, although I later bought my own propane tank. They said since they didn't do the last fill they didn't want the liability for installing equipment. Is this normal in other states or is this just a way for dealers to avoid competition? Jim
JimP: That is pretty normal. I built a house two years ago and declined the option to buy my own tank, I don’t want the liability of a leak or damage. You would be able to switch companies with an administrative charge for the new and old company to exchange tanks (on paper).

I just paid $2.79 a gallon but marked down to $2.59 if paid within 10 days.

/ Whats everybody paying for propane
Thanks for the replies. Amazing all the different prices from around the country. We have only pre-bought once. The price dropped a few months later so we ended up paying to much ! Living here somewhat remote it goes with the territory in price fluctuation. Thankfully living in the Smokies we have a plentiful supply of firewood for the FP to offset the propane use.

/ Whats everybody paying for propane

The propane company we use is pretty finicky on what they service. Then there is other companies who don't care what you have...they just want to sell the propane ! I use there tank...don't want the hassle of leaks and failures.

/ Whats everybody paying for propane #28  
Just had my guy out to fill the tank today. Looks like I'll be right on the cusp of having enough in my pre-buy for the rest of the season. He said current price is $1.60/gal.

Rob

/ Whats everybody paying for propane #29  
Just had my guy out to fill the tank today. Looks like I'll be right on the cusp of having enough in my pre-buy for the rest of the season. He said current price is $1.60/gal.

Rob
I think we're going to come up short. It's never easy to guess usage at the end of July when the pre-buy is made. It's been COLD. Hope to make it into March when the prices seem to stabilize somewhat.

/ Whats everybody paying for propane #30  
Every time I read these threads I am happy that even out in the boonies where I am we have natural gas available.