Satelite TV Problem Solved

/ Satelite TV Problem Solved #1  

kf4uda

Veteran Member
Tractor
NH TD5030, 861 Ford Powermaster, CaseIH Farmall 35A, 555A Ford Backhoe, S150x SnapperPro ZTR, Polaris Ranger XP800
I have had Dish Network for around 25 years. I have went through all the battles with them as a lot of you guys have with constant price increases. You know the drill, they increase the price and you call and maybe get a slight break for a few months while they offer "great deals" to new customers. This is not just Dish Network, it is all of them but I happen to have dish.

I have finally solved my problem after all of these years. I called and terminated my service. What a liberating feeling! Oh they tried to pitch me all of these great deals when they figured out that I was serious. I kept on and on turning them down. I also told them that it seemed that the longer we had their service, the worse they punished us for it. I heard crickets for several seconds after that one. :)

Fortunately my internet is good enough to stream with so I bought an Amazon Fire Stick for $40 and subscribed to Sling. So far we are very happy. We have plenty to watch and my bill went from $125 to $40 per month. Gives me more money for important things like diesel fuel and implements. :thumbsup:

/ Satelite TV Problem Solved #2  
Gives me more money for important things like diesel fuel and implements.

Not to mention that Icom IC7300 you have been wanting.:) I have one and it is great!. :thumbsup:

/ Satelite TV Problem Solved #3  
If you have good internet service that is a great alternative. For the rest of us the good-ole dish will have to do. I pay $90 a month for Dish, pretty cheap entertainment in the grand scheme of things.

/ Satelite TV Problem Solved #4  
Don't forget about YouTube, 80% of what I watch is on their platform.

/ Satelite TV Problem Solved #5  
Geez, I'd be happy to pay $125 for Dish, but can't see the bird where my house sits, we've got so may great oaks and tall hickory trees there's no clear line from anywhere on my property and internet is about 128K at best on a good day, my old dial-up seemed faster than the 'hi-speed internet' I can get. so, broadcast and 5 channels on a decent day, 3 or 4 if the weather is bad

/ Satelite TV Problem Solved #6  
I did the same thing recently and yes, cord cutting is liberating. We added Direct TV Now for $35/month and free HBO. We already had Netflix, Amazon Prime and Hulu. The original programming on those services are better than most on TV. I have watched way less television, but what I have watched has been higher quality. Wish I would have done it long ago.

/ Satelite TV Problem Solved #7  
We ditched satellite some years ago as I got sick of paying for ads, they started off ad free but they crept in and became more prolific, as for the new movies they advertised, well, was about one every two months and repeated twice a day.
We also stream through Youtube and Netflix which is AU$14 a month and no ads, our download rate is 25mbs so no problems although we had it on the old system at 1.5mbs.

/ Satelite TV Problem Solved #8  
Dish just sent me a $5. increase and they charge me $12. for over air channels!
I get 36 over air channels with just an antenna.
Debating my next move??????

/ Satelite TV Problem Solved #9  
I tried Dish for two years, that was enough for me, why would someone continue pay over $50.00/month and still get commercials is beyond me when there is so much options for online streaming. The OP did the right thing, congrats................

/ Satelite TV Problem Solved #10  
I have had Dish Network for around 25 years. I have went through all the battles with them as a lot of you guys have with constant price increases. You know the drill, they increase the price and you call and maybe get a slight break for a few months while they offer "great deals" to new customers. This is not just Dish Network, it is all of them but I happen to have dish.

I have finally solved my problem after all of these years. I called and terminated my service. What a liberating feeling! Oh they tried to pitch me all of these great deals when they figured out that I was serious. I kept on and on turning them down. I also told them that it seemed that the longer we had their service, the worse they punished us for it. I heard crickets for several seconds after that one. :)

Fortunately my internet is good enough to stream with so I bought an Amazon Fire Stick for $40 and subscribed to Sling. So far we are very happy. We have plenty to watch and my bill went from $125 to $40 per month. Gives me more money for important things like diesel fuel and implements. :thumbsup:

Had dish for 20 years, was paying 100/month when I pulled the plug. Like you I purchased 2 Amazon firesticks and subscribed to Sling TV and Netflix. Total bill for these 2 is 36.00 per month plus tax. 2 firesticks was 80 which have already paid for themselves with money saved from cutting sat. Recently received a notice for a 5.00 increase although dish had been cancelled for 2 months prior to notice/