Drain Vent question

/ Drain Vent question #1  

widefat

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota L3200 Husq GT52XLS Husqvarna LC121P Husq 455 Rancher Stihl FS90 Stihl MS170 99 Ram 1500
A drain vent question -
I attached an artful drawing for your enjoyment.
I moved our kitchen about 15' further down the line. Installed a new sink, new drain, and vent up and out.
I am thinking I can just cut and cap the old drain and vent. It served only the old sink.
What gives me pause is the fact that it is the last stop on the main line before it exits the house. It is a 2" vent, so I dont think it was ever intended to be a mian system vent.
I would rather not have to keep it - I am eventually going to add a window to the wall it traverses, which means re-routing the entire vent stack.

So what do you think? Cut and cap that sucker and forget about it?

vent.jpg

/ Drain Vent question #2  
are there any other fixtures on that branch that you left out? the IRCs will tell you how many DFU's you can have per branch and per vent. I don't see a problem with it as long as nothing has been left out. MAKE SURE you have slope in the vent!

/ Drain Vent question #3  
No need to over complicate this- cut and cap the old drain. That vent (by code) doesn’t serve anything else.
Fixture units don’t apply in this case.

/ Drain Vent question #4  
Cut and cap the vent. Remove the vent pipe from the roof and patch the hole.

BTW - the "artful drawing" is better than two paragraphs of words.

/ Drain Vent question #5  
Cut and cap the vent. Remove the vent pipe from the roof and patch the hole.

BTW - the "artful drawing" is better than two paragraphs of words.

I agree. Cut and cap.

/ Drain Vent question #6  
No need to over complicate this- cut and cap the old drain. That vent (by code) doesn’t serve anything else.
Fixture units don’t apply in this case.

They ALWAYS apply. I was unsure if there was more to the situation than the drawing implied.

/ Drain Vent question #7  
Cap it and 'foggeta bout it'.....

/ Drain Vent question
Cut and Cap!

Thanks All.