Where to buy chain saw chains

/ Where to buy chain saw chains #1  

AlbertC

Silver Member
Tractor
New holland 3930
does anyone know where the cheapest place to buy chain saw chains. I have been buying from the Stihl dealership but I would think I could buy them somewhere cheaper but I have been unable to find them.

Thanks

/ Where to buy chain saw chains #2  
baileys - you can buy ready go or rolls that you cut yourself..

they carry lots of MGF as well

brian

/ Where to buy chain saw chains #3  
There are differences in the quality of chains. Stihl generally seems harder, lasts longer between good sharpenings but harder to sharpen.

But I bought a lot of Woodland Pro at Bailey's about 2009, 2010 for about 20 cents a link.

/ Where to buy chain saw chains #4  
Amazon- the place to buy cheap stuff. Although it’s hard to argue with the logic above.
Do you have a good sharpener? If that’s patronizing sorry. I cut a lot for a homeowner with firewood and general property cleanup and I’ve had the same few chains that I rotate for several years. But my sharpener doesn’t take a lot off.

/ Where to buy chain saw chains
Amazon- the place to buy cheap stuff. Although it’s hard to argue with the logic above.
Do you have a good sharpener? If that’s patronizing sorry. I cut a lot for a homeowner with firewood and general property cleanup and I’ve had the same few chains that I rotate for several years. But my sharpener doesn’t take a lot off.

I just use a file to touch up after every use. I have three chains that I rotate but I cut a lot of trees down as I am trying to clear our land . I cut about 6-7 8" -12" trees down every week.

/ Where to buy chain saw chains #6  
Buy one with a dirty carb from an idiot who knows nothing about engines that thinks it'll never run again

/ Where to buy chain saw chains #7  
I've found complete chain saws for $5, the off chain if it fits your good saw, sell it $30 and repeat

/ Where to buy chain saw chains #9  
Another vote for Baileys online. Wait for the 10 chains for $100 deals. Jim

/ Where to buy chain saw chains #10  
I buy my Oregon chains online at Amicks Superstore. $13 vs $16 for Amazon. I stock up and buy 8 at a time. Local shop charges $12 to sharpen chains. I'd just buy new ones if I didn't sharpen them myself.