Propane Direct Vent question

/ Propane Direct Vent question #11  
when checking the vent requirements for your stove, get a printout of the clearance requirements for the type of propane tank you intend to use as that can affect how you position things outdoors. i.e. in our area, propane tanks have to be min 10' from any lights/possible sources of ignition & not close to any windows.

/ Propane Direct Vent question
when checking the vent requirements for your stove, get a printout of the clearance requirements for the type of propane tank you intend to use as that can affect how you position things outdoors. i.e. in our area, propane tanks have to be min 10' from any lights/possible sources of ignition & not close to any windows.

Thanks, I will. We are hiring a well known high regarded GC and building in a town that does get involved and watch the contractors.

We stopped at a stove dealer today and the 48" wide Heat n Flo gas stove can be 20' away from the outside wall but is $9k installed. :duh:

/ Propane Direct Vent question #13  
Thanks, I will. We are hiring a well known high regarded GC and building in a town that does get involved and watch the contractors.

We stopped at a stove dealer today and the 48" wide Heat n Flo gas stove can be 20' away from the outside wall but is $9k installed. :duh:
Let's revisit..."flush to wall"? Yet 12' from an outside wall? You obviously have some plan for a hiding the exhaust pipe which might also be intake air. $9k sounds obscene. We paid about $3,500 for the insert (installed) which included probably 24' of the expensive pipe (comes in 4' sections as I recall). Granted that is an insert so a bit cheaper but still...

/ Propane Direct Vent question #14  
Are you against a Vent Free fireplace?

/ Propane Direct Vent question #15  
Or a 2 sided fireplace boxed in and vented through the roof...?

Attachments

• fireplace.jpg
    fireplace.jpg
    10 KB · Views: 28
Or a 2 sided fireplace boxed in and vented through the roof...?

We like that because we have a 3 sided HeatnGlo gas stove now but the room on the other side of the great room is a guest bedroom.

/ Propane Direct Vent question #17  
I have vented a lot of gas fired equipment in 30 years of HVAC...I would go through the roof!
Running that far horizontally and making it look good will be difficult. Draft and condensate problems may also be an issue. Straight up is a wonderful thing.

/ Propane Direct Vent question #18  
We have a Jotul stove that looks like a wood stove. Battery powered thermostat keeps working when the power is out along with a blower on the back to move the heat around. The unit is top notch.

We have a Jotul stove that looks like a wood stove. Battery powered thermostat keeps working when the power is out along with a blower on the back to move the heat around. The unit is top notch.

I agree, we have a small cream Jotul in our bedroom in case of powerr failure. It is a nice unit.