A2 milk instead of Lactose free

/ A2 milk instead of Lactose free #1  

Gary Fowler

Super Star Member
Tractor
2009 Kubota RTV 900, 2009 Kubota B26 TLB & 2010 model LS P7010
For those of you who suffer from lactose intolerance, have you tried the newly advertised A2 milk instead of lactose free. No one near me carries it currently. I did fill out the form for the A2 distributor to see about getting it near me. Just wondering if it will work for me rather than the Lactose free as the ad claims.

/ A2 milk instead of Lactose free #2  
I haven't tried it, but I just heard about this a couple weeks ago from a diary man. He's trying to develop his herd to have cows that have this trait in the hopes that "someday" (if the market for it takes off) it's worthwhile to invest in the infrastructure it takes to have a separate collection system (bulk tank, hauler, process facility, etc...).
I wonder what makes it lactose 'tolerable' to people? Is it a smaller, more easily digestible fat globule? Or something with the globule membrane?
Being a cow man, I didn't dare ask him "Why don't people just drink goat's milk? That's more digestible." That would of been blasphemy.

/ A2 milk instead of Lactose free #3  
I just tried to research what A1, A2, beta, and kappa casein proteins are.
The explanations went over my head in the first sentence.

/ A2 milk instead of Lactose free #4  
I try to stay away from diary, and do not drink milk at all, but if I am eating cheese I take a pill to digest the lactose.

Once upon a time I drank a really, nice beer which made me very sick! Not because I drank too much but because it was a milk stout which means they add LACTOSE to the beer to sweeten it! :shocked::eek::confused2: Adding Lactose to beer should be banned. It would be like adding beer to milk! :laughing::laughing::laughing:

I did try a Lactose free milk years ago but I have mostly lost my desire to drink milk.

Later,
Dan

/ A2 milk instead of Lactose free #5  
I've never researched it, but I was diagnosed lactose intolerance many years ago. It wasn't horrible, but it certainly caused enough issues to see a doctor about it. I used the pills for about 2 years. It would allow me to eat the ice cream I love and have a half a glass of milk at times.

When we switched to buying organic (and when we could find it, pastured) milk. My intolerance disappeared! We are now only raw goats milk from our own goats, but the intolerance went away when we switched many years to organic. Again, I haven't researched this, but you might want to see if your intolerance goes away if you make the switch.

/ A2 milk instead of Lactose free #8  
I try to stay away from diary, and do not drink milk at all, but if I am eating cheese I take a pill to digest the lactose.

Once upon a time I drank a really, nice beer which made me very sick! Not because I drank too much but because it was a milk stout which means they add LACTOSE to the beer to sweeten it! :shocked::eek::confused2: Adding Lactose to beer should be banned. It would be like adding beer to milk! :laughing::laughing::laughing:

I did try a Lactose free milk years ago but I have mostly lost my desire to drink milk.

Later,
Dan

I am the same way, avoid it. I do not like the pills they mess with me a bit, I just feel off when I take them.

/ A2 milk instead of Lactose free #9  
What's different about pastured milk?

I'm guessing pasteurizing process would make some changes to the proteins in the milk.

Most definitely. IMHO pasteurizing tastes burnt compared to fresh, and typically has less fat/cream content. But NorTracNY said 'pastured' milk "when we could find it". One can find pasteurized milk anywhere as it is the standard, so I thought he was talking about something else. Grass (pasture) fed?

/ A2 milk instead of Lactose free #10  
Always learning something new on TBN. This is the first time I ever heard of A2 milk. But I find there's quite a number of websites with information about it. Of course I still don't know whether it's available in my part of the country. But fortunately, I've never been lactose intolerant. Many years ago, I drank a lot of milk, but quit drinking it because I figured it would put too much weight on me. So we still use milk in cooking and I still put milk on cereal. But we buy the half gallon size and sometimes don't even use all of that before it spoils.