Somethng we ALL used to dream about when we were kids

/ Somethng we ALL used to dream about when we were kids #2  
Oh man, that's cool! Those boys will talk about that the rest of their lives. Childhood memories with friends are something we all should cherish. :thumbsup:

/ Somethng we ALL used to dream about when we were kids #3  
Man, I dreamed about Mary Ann from Gilligans Island

/ Somethng we ALL used to dream about when we were kids #4  
I dreamed about the coconut cream pies... man they ate a lot of those!

/ Somethng we ALL used to dream about when we were kids #5  
How cool is that! This may change thier lives.
9th Grade, our went on the 9th grade Earth Science field trip. The teacher was such a sweet old gal - genuinely excited about science. We went to several locations to dig. One was a shale bank from a road cut, where I dug up several fern fossils. The only one to find anything for the past several years. I still remember how excited she got.
Years later, I saw her in a restaurant and thanked her for caring. I also apologized for being a PITA at the time. And believe me, I was.

/ Somethng we ALL used to dream about when we were kids #6  
To cool for those kids. Thanks for sharing. Made my day. :thumbsup:

/ Somethng we ALL used to dream about when we were kids
Last edited:
   / Somethng we ALL used to dream about when we were kids #8  
Man, I dreamed about Mary Ann from Gilligans Island

I swear, when I saw this thread that was the first thing that came to my mind! A mastadon jaw would have been pretty cool, though...

/ Somethng we ALL used to dream about when we were kids #9  
My worst dream as a kid - I would get stuck in the road tar as I was out "tarring my feet" and a truck would come along and run over me.

/ Somethng we ALL used to dream about when we were kids #10  
As a kid we bought a farm in western Mass - southern Berkshires (limestone area) that had been shut down for years. The lady selling it had told us that there was this flat rock under a white pine at the top of our hill. She said she would come for it. But she didn't and we built a pig pen up there, shed and fenced in yard. That flat rock was where the pigs stood as they ate the slops we carried up to them daily.
Then one day, years later she showed up and reminded us of the rock. My brother and I went up to lift the rock into her trunk (trunks were bigger back then!). We asked her what was special about it and she said there was a dinosaur print on it. We were skeptical but polite, thinking maybe there was old pig crap or so on it. We found the rock and in lifting it - flipped it over. And sure enough, there was a dinosaur print. Had been there all of this time that the pigs had been standing on it!
She was smiles and grateful - having grown up on the farm herself - and she drove away with her fossil! We were a bit surprised to say the least!