Outdoor plumbing question ?

/ Outdoor plumbing question ? #1  

Code54

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota MX5100, Kubota BX25D,1957 Farmall Cub Lo-Boy Kubota KX91-3, BCS 853
We been doing a bunch of work to the garden this year and one of the changes is adding waterlines and some soaker hoses to make watering quicker and easier.
I have a セ black water line run from the house over to the garden (Stuff from Home depot - 100ft rolls, fairly cheap). Right now they go to garden hoses but am adding some branches to the system that I want to be able to control with simple valves.
Do they make valves that can go inline on this type of pipe. I have some of the "T" and "L" fitting that slide in and you run a stainless steel hose clamp to secure and figure someone makes a valve that is similar. I have some branches I want to be able to turn on or off depending on the what we are doing and when I asked at Home Depot the guy looked at me like I was from outer space and said I had to use a brass garden hose faucet and it seems that there has to be a simpler inline valve. Anyone ever do this and what did you use?
Thanks!

/ Outdoor plumbing question ? #3  
I have 1 1/2 inch black plastic roll pipe buried out into and around the orchard. I have many black plastic ball type on/off valves - located at strategic points. Got them when I bought the rolls of pipe. Got it all at either Lowes or Home Despot.

/ Outdoor plumbing question ? #4  
You can get two threaded male ends - they are the type that insert into the black pipe and you secure with a clamp. You can buy fairly inexpensive plastic ball valves with female threads on each side. So it takes three parts and two clamps but works well. When I put those in, I typically do one end in the pipe and clamp, then thread on the valve, thread on the other male end, then insert into the next piece of pipe and clamp.

I am sure there are many other solutions, but these are fairly inexpensive plastic parts you can usually find at the big box stores.

/ Outdoor plumbing question ?
Thanks everyone! I need about 10 valves so I will start checking to see where I can get a decent price.
Appreciate the help!

/ Outdoor plumbing question ? #7  
look up aqua-traxx online. we began using it 3 years ago. major cut down in water use, way less weeds and very easy to use, remove and store, and reuse the next year on wifes vegetable garden.

/ Outdoor plumbing question ?
Ill check it out, thanks