This REALLY ticked me off when I lived in NY

/ This REALLY ticked me off when I lived in NY #1  

Sigarms

Tractor
F3080
   / This REALLY ticked me off when I lived in NY #2  
I know some people in Orange Co NY, it is like an hour out of the city... they say upstate. I think it is their way to let others know they aren't from the city.

/ This REALLY ticked me off when I lived in NY #4  
Lived in on the outskirts of Watertown and Syracuse.

How in the %&#! is Binghamton considered "upstate" NY?

2nd-binghamton-university-student-murdered-5-week-span-084304621--abc-news-topstories.html

Here I thought only the scrubheads in NYC couldn't figure out where "upstate NY" was!

I mean this county borders Pa on the fricken SOUTH SIDE of the state!

Is like every part of NY "upstate" other than NYC???

Remain calm.:)

The journalist may have used Wikipedia -- Upstate New York - Wikipedia.

Steve

/ This REALLY ticked me off when I lived in NY #5  
If you're gonna get upset at what passes for journalism now days, you're gonna spend a lot of time upset.

:D

/ This REALLY ticked me off when I lived in NY
   / This REALLY ticked me off when I lived in NY #7  
I lived in Dutchess County for 57 years. Upstate means different things to different New Yorkers and if you want to get all twisted up about it, have at it. Many folks living north of Westchester and Putnam Counties consider themselves to live Upstate. I describe my former home as Upstate NY.

/ This REALLY ticked me off when I lived in NY #8  
Sigarms,
I’m sorry you have such a poor opinion of your time in NY. The politics are not great, and like every state in the union, there are issues.
I was born here, raised here, and plan to die here. I know it will cost me more, and I won’t have the same “freedoms” as some people in other states do, but I DON’T CARE! I love NY, I love our beautiful 4 seasons, I love the Adirondacks, the Catskills, Lake Placid, Niagara Falls, and even New York City! And of course my hometown Syracuse! I can hunt pretty much year round for anything from small to big game. Some of the best freshwater and saltwater fishing is in NY State. The taxes are high, but we have one of the better education systems in the country, including some of the best colleges and universities in the world. That’s just a few of the great things about NYS. This is a GREAT place to live.
It’s fairly common knowledge in NY that “upstate” is pretty much everything north of the Tappen Zee Bridge (NOT Mario Cuomo Bridge IMO). I’m not sure why you need to take very opportunity to disparage NY State. I have a lot of respect for your knowledge of firearms and read Today’s Gun Time all the time. I seem to remember you served in our armed forces - thank you for your service to all 50 states.
Don’t plan to step foot in NY ever again? Fine with me really and I’m sure most New Yorkers would agree with me.

/ This REALLY ticked me off when I lived in NY #9  
I am in complete sympathy with and understand your position/anger Sigarms. I live in a state - Washington - where a lot of folks think the only town, in this state, is Seattle. They look at me like I've lost my mind when I try to explain the wet and dry sides of the state. Best to just smile - and silently acknowledge their lack of knowledge.

/ This REALLY ticked me off when I lived in NY #10  
Lived in on the outskirts of Watertown and Syracuse.

How in the %&#! is Binghamton considered "upstate" NY?

2nd-binghamton-university-student-murdered-5-week-span-084304621--abc-news-topstories.html

Here I thought only the scrubheads in NYC couldn't figure out where "upstate NY" was!

I mean this county borders Pa on the fricken SOUTH SIDE of the state!

Is like every part of NY "upstate" other than NYC???

It seems that to many in NYC everywhere else is a foreign country.