Starting our new life

/ Starting our new life
Much looking forward to following the building of your new home

Always enjoyed pictures of your snowmobile adventures

Thanks,

I should have many more snowmobile pics now. I live very close to some great riding areas, and being retired sure will help.:D

/ Starting our new life #182  
My wife and I are really easy going people. Usually show up with some cookies or a coke and the contractors will bend over backwards to please us. :D

The hay looks really good at this point. Wanted to cut next week, I think the weather may have different plans. (Mother Nature doesn't like cookies or Coke) :mad:

A little appreciation goes a long way...

I was having a commercial roof done and it was in the 90F range... showed up with a box of Big Gulps and you would have thought I told them they won the lottery.

Same around the hospital... once the contract is let... I will do what ever I can to keep the project on track and not waste their time... often it means running interference from the Docs who want to reinvent everything after the fact.

/ Starting our new life
A few years back Questar gas was installing a new high pressure gas line down the road in front of our house. I had always wanted to put in a culvert from my existing one under my driveway to my property line. (about 40') I told the supervisor we would barbecue them hamburgers for lunch if he'd help me out since they had all the big equipment there already. Long story short; they dug up the area bought and installed the new culvert to match the existing one and then finished it off with road base and compacted it. No charge at all. Them hamburgers were money very well spent. :thumbsup:

/ Starting our new life
Got the perk test done yesterday. Looks like I'll need 140' of leach field. Seems like a lot to me, but that's what the report is going to say needs to be done.

Forgot the camera so no pictures. They could be digging the hole for the house as early as next week. Pictures for sure.

Will spend the day today cutting hay so I can get it baled before they start digging.:thumbsup:

/ Starting our new life #186  
Sounds good Lynn!!!!

We started pouring footings but got rained out yesterday afternoon. Hope to get them all poured by Friday evening.

/ Starting our new life
Sounds good Lynn!!!!

We started pouring footings but got rained out yesterday afternoon. Hope to get them all poured by Friday evening.

Thanks Richard,

Good luck with the weather, sometimes she's a mean ol gal.

/ Starting our new life #189  
I would really like to be in the house by the end of the year.

I'm pretty confident we are going to make that goal as well. Lucky for me, my builder had two cancellations. He is leaning on my concrete guy now to get his part done so they can start. I need 1/2 mile of water district line laid. They were doing a "boring" today. Saying they are going to finish in ten days or so. Electric company is saying they will get my "pad/meter setter" done in a couple weeks. All my subs are waiting on the essentials to get done so they can start.

I'm using a construction loan to finance this operation until we can sell our existing property. I'd like to see all these processes go quickly so we can minimize the interest paid on the construction load. That clock hasn't started ticking yet but probably will in the next couple weeks.

Thanks for the updates Lynn. I challenge you to a friendly race toward completion. The loser has to send the winner something unique to the specific geographic area. You in? :D

/ Starting our new life
I'm pretty confident we are going to make that goal as well. Lucky for me, my builder had two cancellations. He is leaning on my concrete guy now to get his part done so they can start. I need 1/2 mile of water district line laid. They were doing a "boring" today. Saying they are going to finish in ten days or so. Electric company is saying they will get my "pad/meter setter" done in a couple weeks. All my subs are waiting on the essentials to get done so they can start.

I'm using a construction loan to finance this operation until we can sell our existing property. I'd like to see all these processes go quickly so we can minimize the interest paid on the construction load. That clock hasn't started ticking yet but probably will in the next couple weeks.

Thanks for the updates Lynn. I challenge you to a friendly race toward completion. The loser has to send the winner something unique to the specific geographic area. You in? :D

I showed my wife your post and she said "you bet". So I guess were in.:thumbsup: