Starting our new life

/ Starting our new life #1  

cat fever

Elite Member
Tractor
Kioti RX6620PS
DSCN3030.JPGI posted in a different thread that I have retired. We have now sold our home (under contract) have a piece of land picked out in southeast Idaho and are currently moving to my brothers ranch while we build our new home.
My first purchase to move all my crap was this PJ trailer. It's a 30 footer and pulls real nice. I'll try and keep up to date pictures going of the whole process.
The land is 31 acres in Bear Lake county. It's real secluded with water rights for the whole place. Currently it's planted in alfalfa. We plan to get the house going as soon as possible and a 40X80X16 hay shed with a 50X80X12 equipment barn.
This is one of many loads going north.:)

/ Starting our new life #2  
Congrats on retirement and your new life. It looks like you'll be moving from one great place to another. :thumbsup:

/ Starting our new life #3  
Congratulations that beautiful country up there, I have a sister in Jerome, and I lived in southwestern Idaho for several years in the late 70's.
One of my favorite states.

/ Starting our new life #4  
I'm very excited for you Lynn!!!!! Anxiously subscribing to this thread!!!! I'm very proud of you for taking on this adventure!!!! Frequent posts with pictures of course will be appreciated!!!!

Terry and I are building a new house on our farm. It's only 6 miles away and is a huge adventure for us. :)

/ Starting our new life #5  
Sounds AWESOME! Good luck in your new ventures!

/ Starting our new life #6  
Lynn, what county in Utah is your property located?

Reason I ask is my wife has relatives in Morgan County Utah. Doug and Sandy Carlos.

/ Starting our new life #7  
Congrats on the move;looks like some critters are involved too;grain drill,disc and hay!

/ Starting our new life
We live in Tooele county now. (only 2-3 more weeks though) It's 30 miles west of Salt Lake City.

Thanks for the replies; let me tell you, I am no rolling stone. I like to stay put and grow deep roots. This whole thing is scaring the crap out of me.:eek: We listed our home and it was under contract in less than a week for a full price offer. I'm not even sure the couple looked at the house. They took one look inside the big barn and said we'll take it!! We have been moving and packing since.

/ Starting our new life
I'm very excited for you Lynn!!!!! Anxiously subscribing to this thread!!!! I'm very proud of you for taking on this adventure!!!! Frequent posts with pictures of course will be appreciated!!!!

Terry and I are building a new house on our farm. It's only 6 miles away and is a huge adventure for us. :)

Good luck. To be honest we have not even picked out a house plan yet. We are going smaller though. 1700-2000 square feet at the most. I'd rather have big barns than a big house. Luckily my bride thinks the same way.

/ Starting our new life #10  
We live in Tooele county now. (only 2-3 more weeks though) It's 30 miles west of Salt Lake City.

Thanks for the replies; let me tell you, I am no rolling stone. I like to stay put and grow deep roots. This whole thing is scaring the crap out of me.:eek: We listed our home and it was under contract in less than a week for a full price offer. I'm not even sure the couple looked at the house. They took one look inside the big barn and said we'll take it!! We have been moving and packing since.

I totally understand. I'm the same way.

We are selling the 20 acres we live on. It will take us a year to get the new house and shop built. I'm not trying too hard to sell this property yet. I'm afraid I'll get the same type buyer you got and find myself homeless!!! Word of mouth spreads fast in rural communities. We've already had three couples inquire about our property. One young couple are very good friends of us. They are in no hurry and would gladly wait a year for possession. I'd love to see them end up here. They have two toddlers and want in our school district.

Again, I totally understand your anxiety. I'd be just like you. But once I get a grip on it, I'm all in!!!! :)