xcel fence from Sams Club

/ xcel fence from Sams Club #1  

acraiger

Tractor
Kubota L225 1974
Was wondering if anyone on this forum has setup a metal fence available at Sams Club.

Aspen Style 3-Rail Steel Fence Kit, Powder-Coated Black (6.5'W x 5'H) - Sam's Club

It's $79 for 6.5 ft wide by 5 ft high.

My wooden fence just blew down a week ago due to some high winds in Denver Colorado.
So was thinking of using this gate as it should not be affected by high winds as a solid wood privacy fence.
Planning to plant trees in front for privacy.

I did buy and put together one panel, and it does not seem the strongest, as everything is hollow.
My biggest concern is probably going to be rust, and am thinking I will have go around with a can of spray paint every year to touch up any paint flaking off.

Cannot find but a view reviews on the Sams Club website, and the reviews seem to be fake, at least the 5 star reviews.

If anyone has had experience with these fence panels, let me know.

/ xcel fence from Sams Club #2  
Interesting, how are you anchoring it into the ground ?

Shop around at some Comercial type fences. Keep in mind products from box stores are going to be a value for money deal with the store having a good profit margin. Not necessarily a long lasting product.
Your concerns about maintence issues are probably valid. Powder coated products are less likely to rust. But one they start rusting painting will do little good. The rust gets under the powder coat. Painted products will need touch up sooner but at least you can work with it. Buy better grade paints (yes a bit more money maybe) at sherwin williams or such stores instead of the junk usually at the box stores.