Page 5 of 46 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast
    Tractor
    Mitsubishi MTE2000D, Dig It 258 Backhoe Deere Z930A ZTR

Default Re: Your Land is my Land

I have a friend who is currently in a "similar" situation. His property and the neighbors is separated by an unmaintained county road. The old county road gives his neighbor access to the back of his property. The neighbor's father doesn't like the old grown up unmaintained road so he decides to make a new road on my buddy's side. Hard to imagine something like this could happen but it did. Despite repeated confrontations the neighbor and particularly his father who was doing all the work, took out a gate( repeatedly), cut the roadway in ( yes, LOTS of dirt work), cut over 100 trees ( and took the wood) and started hauling in a gravel base.The Sheriff wouldn't get involved or the states attorney. "It's a civil issue". The neighbors father would not stop until after the second court appearance where the judge made it clear if he continued, he would be jailed. This has been going on for about 2 years. I know my buddy's initial legal retainer was $10K and he spent several thousand on a survey and it is nowhere close to being settled.

It doesn't sound like your situation is as bad but I hope you can get a handle on it quickly and amicably. That sounds so easy but the reality of this kind of situation is sometimes crazy neighbors can do some crazy things with seeming impunity....it boggles my mind!
    Darryl

Tractor
    Kubota L3830HST

I would dig a ditch and see what happens.
    Dave

"If your sport does not put grease, blood, or dirt under your fingernails, then it's just a game!"

Silver Member
    Tractor
    Steiner 420 / Grillo 107d

Get a 4 wheeler and go for a ride on his side of the line.

Tractor
    2032R

Grapes. Maybe you should start making your own wine.

Tractor
    Husqvarna YTH24V48 riding mower, Branson 3725CH

Hitch up your brush hog, and do your best imitation of "Crop Circles" in his grapes? Blame it on Russian collusion.

I admire you guys and your "turn the other cheek" advice. I'm afraid my response in such situation would be much less "friendly-like". Sometimes it's all in how you explain it to the guy. He's getting away with it because you're trying to be sweet. That is your mistake. He's calling your bluff, so call his. He doesn't "misunderstand". He's ignoring you. We'd have a Come To Jesus Meeting over it, and he'd either stop on his own, or I would cause him to stop. Sounds like he has much more to "lose" on his property than you have on yours. Explain it to him that way.

I've not had to deal with the same problem, but I have dealt with problem neighbors and similar mindsets.

I wish you luck OP.

Tractor
    Kubota L3240, Kubota B7100, Kubota F2560, John Deer, F525 Mule 600

I try not to hit anymore beehives with a stick than I have to. I already have enough to worry about without retaliation. Is he really hurting anything?

Tractor
    David Brown 780 Selectomatic, L3800 Kubota, BX2200 Kubota

Yes, the ditch idea is a good start. My kubota L3800 and 66" Box Blade cuts a real nice one sided ditch. His large sprayer tank might not like the drop off getting onto and off my property. The throwing of T-posts and signs tossed like frisbees does show strong aggression so I think talking is over.

Elite Member
    Tractor
    Kubota L3301

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke Slim View Post
    Hitch up your brush hog, and do your best imitation of "Crop Circles" in his grapes? Blame it on Russian collusion.

I admire you guys and your "turn the other cheek" advice. I'm afraid my response in such situation would be much less "friendly-like". Sometimes it's all in how you explain it to the guy. He's getting away with it because you're trying to be sweet. That is your mistake. He's calling your bluff, so call his. He doesn't "misunderstand". He's ignoring you. We'd have a Come To Jesus Meeting over it, and he'd either stop on his own, or I would cause him to stop. Sounds like he has much more to "lose" on his property than you have on yours. Explain it to him that way.

I've not had to deal with the same problem, but I have dealt with problem neighbors and similar mindsets.

I wish you luck OP.
    Until his survey is done and the actual line location established , any action could come back and bite him in the tail. Once that is done a few strategically set concrete waste blocks as someone suggested will probably be the simplest solution.

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    KIOTI DK45S

Quote Originally Posted by Steppenwolfe View Post
    YOUR LAND IS NOT HIS LAND... Get your survey, AND have your surveyor file it at the county courthouse, then and only then, does it become a legal document. If you do not file it, it is only as good as what you have now... nothing. Once you have a legal description of your property line, now you can enforce it. I speak from experience...
    Or in the case of my aunts neighbor removing her fence and clearing the fencerow had it surveyed, the court threw out the survey and my aunt lost her 3 feet of property that was the fencerow.
    Elected Terrorist= Any elected official that proposes, votes for, or signed into law legislation that restricts or violates the constitutional right of law abiding citizens.

Tractor
    Power Trac PT425 2001 Model Year

Quote Originally Posted by smstonypoint View Post
    ....I had a neighbor who was trespassing on my property. When I approached her about the issue, she claimed she was part Native American and therefore didn't recognize property lines. I was tempted to tell her I was Scots-Irish and we "shoot and ask questions later.".....
    That right there is why I come to TBN every evening.... Good stuff!
    MossRoad

Click On My Little Tractor
    To See Pictures And Videos
    Of It In Action!!!

Page 5 of 46 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast