Not again!

/ Not again! #1  

dodge man

Super Star Member
Tractor
JD 2025R
On my way home I saw where someone had dumped a washing machine in the ditch. Not even a deep ravine or anything, just a mile or two outside of town. Since we have lived in the country, about 20 years, I've had a recliner and sofa thrown along side the rode on my property and other places seen a T.V., couch, tile from a bathroom and large piles of leaves. One of these days I'll see someone doing it and get a plate number.

/ Not again! #2  
What are the local dump fees?

/ Not again! #3  
Yep, we've had the same thing. I sometimes wonder how much of it is the result of the landfills charging to dump to dispose of things. They all used to be free and now I don't know of any free ones.

/ Not again! #4  
We had a lot of that up in Anchorage. Finally convinced the local disposal site(gov owned and operated) to have a free day once a month for folks to bring in everything from junk cars to dead horses. It helped a whole lot.

/ Not again! #5  
I found a dead deer laying on top of a blue tarp in our ditch. The local cop was very interested in it. He said he knew who where it came from and he would make sure the guy came by to pick it up.

/ Not again! #6  
Out here we get a dump card from the County. It allow us to take 750# of just about anything to the dump once a week at no charge. It also allows 10 greenwaste only loads a year.

/ Not again! #7  
Good chance those type of people...dumpers...will call the police if they see someone else doing wrong.

/ Not again!
I actually don't think the landfill for our area takes appliances.

/ Not again! #9  
Dump fee here is $10 + $93 per ton. Lots of littering, too.

Bruce

/ Not again! #10  
What are the local dump fees?

Here they aren't bad if your in the city. You get a free pass for a certain amount of trips. I think it was 3 trips.

I live in the county. For county residents, you better round your truck up and then go some more to make it worth your while. Last load I took was a small pickup truck load. Got to the dump and the minimum fee was $86 :eek: Used to be $35.