Finally got our new generator today

/ Finally got our new generator today #11  
WOW, 1000 gallons of propane in a month? That would be over $2,000.00 to fill it back up, at least over here it would be!

There's no way I would want/need electricity that bad! lol

SR

Well, maybe he has a lot of catfish to fry. :D

/ Finally got our new generator today #12  
Just an update from my original post in Sept. 2017. Was in Costco today with the DW. I always look to see if they have the this... Champion 9000 Watt DUAL FUEL Portable Generator. Well they had it and it was on sale with a instant rebate. Original price was $749 but after instant rebate I got it for $549 !!! DW said...I will get someone to help you put it on the cart.... So if anyone is looking for a portable generator....Costco has them on sale.

Congrats! Sounds like a great deal!

/ Finally got our new generator today #13  
Well, maybe he has a lot of catfish to fry. :D
I like catfish too, but not quite THAT much! lol

I'm just SHOCKED what people are willing to pay for electricity! I mean it's just unbelievable to me...

SR

/ Finally got our new generator today #14  

I'm just SHOCKED what people are willing to pay for electricity! I mean it's just unbelievable to me...

SR

I thought he meant it would only be used as emergency backup, which might never happen.

/ Finally got our new generator today #15  

SR
try turning your electric off for a week, and see what you miss.. modern living revolves around electric!..

/ Finally got our new generator today
Congrats! Sounds like a great deal!

Thanks ! Unpacked it and all put together today. Really good features and a thought process in design. Electric start is nice but has pull cord if necessary. Alot of safety features to ensure no overloads or burning up the thing ! It may not be the quietest machine but will keep the beer cold and the ice cream frozen....

/ Finally got our new generator today #17  
DW is dear wife ! Been married to her for 47 years and when shopping for tools, equipment etc her answer is always..." if we really can use it buy it" Price though sometimes puts a halt to the purchase until we get the money !!

47 years!
Wow! Congratulations.

/ Finally got our new generator today #19  

SR

Depends on what you need it for. We have horses so need on average 80 gallons of water for them. Of course we have a well. So no power = no water. We have a couple 100 gallon troughs but that is only a couple days supply if they are full when the power goes out.

Last time it went out it was out for 12 hrs or so. I think we put 3 hrs on the generator.

/ Finally got our new generator today #20  
try turning your electric off for a week, and see what you miss.. modern living revolves around electric!..

I have always been sooo grateful that so many people choose to live in uninhabitable regions. I can't imagine living somewhere like Palm Springs, Phoenix, or most of the American South without electricity, but people do.