Finally got our new generator today

/ Finally got our new generator today #1  

747driver

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kioti CK27 HST
Just an update from my original post in Sept. 2017. Was in Costco today with the DW. I always look to see if they have the this... Champion 9000 Watt DUAL FUEL Portable Generator. Well they had it and it was on sale with a instant rebate. Original price was $749 but after instant rebate I got it for $549 !!! DW said...I will get someone to help you put it on the cart.... So if anyone is looking for a portable generator....Costco has them on sale.

/ Finally got our new generator today #2  
Nice! We have a gasoline only generator purchased several years ago. I keep drooling over those Champion units when I am in Costco. Even at $549 I cannot justify pulling the trigger on it. Thankfully our power is pretty stable where I live. The current generator provides ample power when the power is out and runs like a top.

You got a good deal on a good unit!

/ Finally got our new generator today #3  
Just an update from my original post in Sept. 2017. Was in Costco today with the DW. I always look to see if they have the this... Champion 9000 Watt DUAL FUEL Portable Generator. Well they had it and it was on sale with a instant rebate. Original price was $749 but after instant rebate I got it for $549 !!! DW said...I will get someone to help you put it on the cart.... So if anyone is looking for a portable generator....Costco has them on sale.

Must be nice . The same unit here at Costco is $1195

/ Finally got our new generator today
Nice! We have a gasoline only generator purchased several years ago. I keep drooling over those Champion units when I am in Costco. Even at $549 I cannot justify pulling the trigger on it. Thankfully our power is pretty stable where I live. The current generator provides ample power when the power is out and runs like a top.

You got a good deal on a good unit!
Thanks ! We live in the Cherokee National Forest and somewhat remote, so was in need of a back up power supply.

/ Finally got our new generator today #5  
Thanks ! We live in the Cherokee National Forest and somewhat remote, so was in need of a back up power supply.

The last time we were hit by a hurricane, we were out for over a month. It was miserable doing hurricane clean up and recovery without power. We now have a whole house generator running on a 1000 gal propane tank. If we conserve our usage, 1000 gal of propane will make it through.

The last time we were hit by a hurricane, we were out for over a month. It was miserable doing hurricane clean up and recovery without power. We now have a whole house generator running on a 1000 gal propane tank. If we conserve our usage, 1000 gal of propane will make it through.

We get high winds in the mtns. and ice in the winter. Plenty of firewood to stay warm but always nice to have backup power for basic house items. Thats why I wanted a duel fuel in case we run out of gas. We have a 500 gallon propane tank.

/ Finally got our new generator today #7  
Just an update from my original post in Sept. 2017. Was in Costco today with the DW.

DW?
You were shopping with Darrell Waltrip?! :eek:
I had to look it up "DW"... perhaps you mean your Dear Wife?

...but you might also mean (and she'd probably be mad) if your referring to her as the "Dish Washer (DW)"?! (Old joke: How do get the dishwasher loaded: Give her a six pack!" ; and probably REALLY mad if your referring to her as a D*ck Wizard or a Dim Wit?! :eek:

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt.

/ Finally got our new generator today #8  
We now have a whole house generator running on a 1000 gal propane tank. If we conserve our usage, 1000 gal of propane will make it through.
WOW, 1000 gallons of propane in a month? That would be over $2,000.00 to fill it back up, at least over here it would be!

There's no way I would want/need electricity that bad! lol

SR

/ Finally got our new generator today #9  
WOW, 1000 gallons of propane in a month? That would be over $2,000.00 to fill it back up, at least over here it would be!

There's no way I would want/need electricity that bad! lol

SR

Well, that estimate was based on running the generator on the average at less than half of its 22kW capacity. Our mileage may be a bit lower :)
OTOH, when I spent a whole day working hard on hurricane clean up dealing with debris, mud, and muck I will run my AC pretty cold to cool down in the evening.

DW?
You were shopping with Darrell Waltrip?! :eek:
I had to look it up "DW"... perhaps you mean your Dear Wife?

...but you might also mean (and she'd probably be mad) if your referring to her as the "Dish Washer (DW)"?! (Old joke: How do get the dishwasher loaded: Give her a six pack!" ; and probably REALLY mad if your referring to her as a D*ck Wizard or a Dim Wit?! :eek:

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt.

DW is dear wife ! Been married to her for 47 years and when shopping for tools, equipment etc her answer is always..." if we really can use it buy it" Price though sometimes puts a halt to the purchase until we get the money !!