How to stop a rabbit from...

/ How to stop a rabbit from... #1  

dragoneggs

Super Star Member
Tractor
Kubota BX-25D, Kubota Z122RKW-42
Peeing! I am looking for a humane way to stop a rabbit(s) from browning the best spot in my small front yard. It is right by the front door and it is the only patch of grass that I actually try to manicure! I tore out a bunch of overgrown plants last year nearby and put in a water feature and rock garden thinking this would discourage them and they would relocate and find another sPOT to pee in but NOOOO! They're back and at the same spot. :smiley_aafz:

/ How to stop a rabbit from... #2  
Are you sure a dog isn't marking the spot? I think it would require a dozen rabbits hitting the same spot to cause burn.

/ How to stop a rabbit from...
Are you sure a dog isn't marking the spot? I think it would require a dozen rabbits hitting the same spot to cause burn.
It's definitely rabbits! I'm sure there are several contributors but they all look alike to me. :laughing: No dogs around... if I didn't travel so much a dog would be in the picture! And that would likely solve my problem. :D

/ How to stop a rabbit from... #4  
Shotgun????

/ How to stop a rabbit from... #5  
Rabbits aren’t what come to mind when I think of smart. Pretty easy to get with a 22.

/ How to stop a rabbit from... #6  
I have heard spraying the area with ammonia will turn them away. I know dogs and cats hate it. Ammonia is also a fertilizer to help get the green back. Mark, you never told me how many AC you have. If less than 5 you are not allowed to shoot on your property here in Kitsap county.

Ron

/ How to stop a rabbit from... #7  
They have spray to ward off cats and such at the Home Depot. Maybe? Or maybe some chili powder shook on that spot would irritate his cottontail...

/ How to stop a rabbit from... #8  
Blood meal is a good deterent - use in my garden at start of growing season to keep rabbits out (our boxer isn’t great at scaring them off). Has to be reapplied after rain.
An air powered pellet gun will also work - not enough power to kill but likely enough to put the fear of your yard into them.

/ How to stop a rabbit from... #9  
Blood meal is a good deterent - use in my garden at start of growing season to keep rabbits out (our boxer isn’t great at scaring them off). Has to be reapplied after rain.
An air powered pellet gun will also work - not enough power to kill but likely enough to put the fear of your yard into them.

I used to spread blood meal all the way around my garden to keep the rabbits out. That worked, and it sure made the grass grow pretty around the garden.:laughing: I re-applied it after each rain.