Mattress

/ Mattress #21  
There must be one heck of a mark-up on mattresses since there is a mattress store on every other corner in every city in America. Find one you like and be happy.

/ Mattress #23  
We had a Sleep Number bed that we both liked for a dozen or more years, but we failed to use a good cover on it and it got some perspiration stains.

Everyone has an opinion and it is only what is right for you that matters. Me: I think the Sleep Number is a gimmick and lying on one feels like I am on an air mattress. Just my opinion. I don't know if you resell your mattresses when you buy new. But perspiration stains on a mattress is a deal killer, for sure, in the used market.

/ Mattress #24  
Everyone has an opinion and it is only what is right for you that matters. Me: I think the Sleep Number is a gimmick and lying on one feels like I am on an air mattress. Just my opinion. I don't know if you resell your mattresses when you buy new. But perspiration stains on a mattress is a deal killer, for sure, in the used market.

Used Mattress? Yuk! Don't you remember "Cooties"?

/ Mattress #25  
There must be one heck of a mark-up on mattresses since there is a mattress store on every other corner in every city in America. Find one you like and be happy.
Very huge profit margin.

/ Mattress #26  
Very huge profit margin.

Must be like fireworks. I invested $200 with a buddy and we bought a mess of fireworks to sell. We made $2000. and shot off most of the cherry bombs and M-80s ourselves. Fun Times! (We were 15)

/ Mattress #27  
Used Mattress? Yuk! Don't you remember "Cooties"?

Around here in regulated Western communities you can't even donate a mattress to a charity for free. It is prohibited.

But some regions are not regulated. Sovereign Indian land is one of them. I'm not saying mattresses are traded in such regions, just observing the lack of regulation. This lack of regulation also exists with many Western communities in States and regions without such oversight.

/ Mattress #28  
We bought an Original Mattress In Hickory 7 or so years ago. Tried latex, memory foam, ect...Like this one better. One third the price and flippable. Excellent quality built in a factory close to the retail stores. Good business model. Will replace with another when needed.

Yes, that is the made-in-USA no-frills flippable quality innerspring I was talking about. There are still some American mattress factories scattered around, and many mattress stores will carry at least one of these "basic" mattresses. They are actually much better quality in terms of the materials than the fancy "euro-top" "brand name" high-price ones. They are cheaper because "no frills."

A quality innerspring mattress like that lasts a long time and gives good support. However, for best comfort, you also need a little pressure relief on the top. Try a foam topper on that mattress for the best of both worlds.

/ Mattress #29  
Most mattresses of conventional design these days are one sided. So you can't flip them for longer wear.

We have a sleep number air bed. It's ok, I've always actually liked sleeping on an air mattress.

My favorite mattress is an old-school conventional 2-sided mattress made in house at "The Mattress Factory" in Atlanta. It's a very firm "orthopedic" model that we top with a 4" memory foam pad from Costco.

We bought a mattress from "the Mattress Factory" when our old one needed to be replaced. It was so good, we bought another one for the guest room. Do yourself a favor and go to one of their stores and look at their display. They have cutaways of the different competitor brands. You wouldn't believe the crap that is put into the so-called brand names.

/ Mattress #30  
Our next one is coming from one of the small manufacturers who can replicate the big names for about 1/3 of the price, we want a pocket spring set for my 130kg on one side and her 60kg on the other, the big names want $3k+, these places sell them for around $900, no mark up to retail and another margin, they advertise and offer up to a five year warranty.
Stayed at a motel once with King size beds (we have a Queen), it was like sleeping in a boxing ring, I knew she was in there somewhere....