Airblast sprayer for mosquitos?

/ Airblast sprayer for mosquitos? #1  

MNBobcat

Platinum Member
Hi All,

I've been using a mosquito magnet for mosquito control but the mosquito magnets are unreliable and fail too often. I then started reading and found out you can get a backpack blower (not a fogger) for spraying for the mosquitoes. But the blowers run about $700.

I then got to thinking, I have an airblast sprayer for the back of my tractor. I'm curious if anyone has used an airblast for spraying for mosquitoes? I don't see any reason why it shouldn't work.

/ Airblast sprayer for mosquitos? #2  
Give it a try and report back. What does the chemical instructions say? They will often list various ways to apply.

/ Airblast sprayer for mosquitos? #3  
When we were building our log cabin in Alaska we used an area fogger(propane powered unit). It worked great for about fifteen minuets with the recommended chemicals. Then here they came - back into our work area from out in the brush. A friend stationed at Ft Richardson gave me some chemicals that the military used. Only precaution - immediately vacate the work/sprayed area for about thirty minuets. The military chemicals - whatever they were - lasted, at least, three day. This was in 1976.

/ Airblast sprayer for mosquitos? #4  
Malathion is the readily available chemical for flying insects.
Here in Florida they spray it from trucks with small engine exhaust foggers, planes and helicopters.
I use it all the time with a pump sprayer.