Where to buy poisons?

/ Where to buy poisons? #1  

Pilot

Veteran Member
Tractor
JD 770, Yanmar 180D, JD 420 (not running), had a Kubota B6200
We own a lot 65 miles away in a nice community. Bought it when our son got transferred to a town near there, but before we could move he got transferred back close to our place.

So I go every week or two and mow the grass. But now the lot is occupied by an army of ground squirrels and the area looks like a battle field with holes all over the place and it won't be long before I get the riding mower stuck in a hole. The lot is 18,000 sq. feet and we have it for sale so we want it to look good.

Extension Service info about ground squirrels says to poison them but the article doesn't say where to get the stuff and it lists various kinds of poisons.

So where can you buy poisons?

/ Where to buy poisons? #2  
Try your local feed store and ask you county extension agent what he/she would recommend.
I've bought some at teh feed store and one rancher chuckled and said heh son that's just an appetizer fer dem field rats......

So ask the feed store hands as well...YMMV but you may be successful..

/ Where to buy poisons? #3  
try domyownpestcontrol.com

Really good selection, and prices are reasonable.

/ Where to buy poisons? #4  
Be careful of your pets. I saw a beautiful blonde Cocker in its death throws next door, after his owner put out some poison peanuts for gophers.

/ Where to buy poisons? #5  
Be careful of your pets. I saw a beautiful blonde Cocker in its death throws next door, after his owner put out some poison peanuts for gophers.

Yep the 3-4” pipe “T” are what the farmers and ranchers use here.

Second the website above if the local Ag/farm/co-op doesn’t have a good supply.

/ Where to buy poisons? #6  
Small tactical nuclear explosions will get rid of moles/gophers/ground squirrels for a week or so.... But it is best to sell out and move far away whilst you still have your sanity. :)

/ Where to buy poisons? #7  
"Ground squirrels" (chipmunks) really?...They usually use holes and tunnels left by moles etc...hardly worthy of digging large holes

Forget poison...go natural...what you need is natural predators...like snakes...introduce some...

/ Where to buy poisons? #8