Worx portable 40v power washer

/ Worx portable 40v power washer #1  

RalphVa

Tractor
JD 2025R, previously Gravely 5650 & JD 4010 & JD 1025R
Anyone have the Worx 40v hydrostat portable power washer? Wondering how far up it sprays. My wife uses a thing to wash the outside of her bay windows that requires prewetting and then spraying of the window with water to remove the washings.

Can barely reach it with a regular hose nozzle and generally only if the well pump has just pumped the pressure up to maximum.

Tried with out BlackMax electric pressure washer. Strangely enough, it would not spray any higher.

Wondering whether this new Worx portable has a quirk that allows it to shoot higher up. Could also use it on our gate. Long way to run both electric and water lines. This new Worx runs off a 40v battery and from a suction dipped into a water bucket.

Ralph

/ Worx portable 40v power washer #2  
Its hard to believe that you might have hit upon a product that has very few users - Ralph. My poor old pressure washer hasn't been used in many years - the carb is probably gummed up and the pump may even be damaged. Its been out in an unheated shed all these years.

Probably the best though - it was extreme high pressure - 4200 psi - in its day it could cause damage.

/ Worx portable 40v power washer #3  
The pressure washer, by design, isn’t going to shoot farther. The finer the nozzle the less distance for a given PSI- the GPM is the variable.

If the goal is the clean high windows and you are willing to climb a ladder a bit, the safest would be to just carry the garden hose. No extra pump and electrical cord needed. It sounds like the hose nearly reaches now so a little extra height is all that may be needed.

/ Worx portable 40v power washer #4  
Watched the infomercial on it a while back. I'm sure it has some use. One thing they touched on was the pressure was lower than a normal pressure washer so it was less likely to cause damage.

I thought the ability to use it with a water bottle was pretty cool.

We have a Workz 20 v blower and love it. We use a blower primarily for the back patio and front porch. The weaker blower is perfect for blowing all the leaves and dirt ofg while not turning over the potted plants.

/ Worx portable 40v power washer #5  
I recently got the 20v version (similar pressure specs to the 40v), and only got to try it out once real quick, but it seemed to spray fairly well. High setting was powerful enough for light cleaning. I got it thinking I could use it for watering and light cleaning away from the house along w/ the 65gal sprayer tank that fits in the back of our UTV.

Not sure what 'quirk' it might have, but the Low setting should be at least as strong as a garden hose (rated at ~90psi, I think). The High setting is a little over 300psi, so about 1/4 of a standard electric pressure washer. Distance / Height would be dependant on the nozzle setting, I would think, but shouldn't have any trouble reaching a 2nd fl. window. But keep in mind it only pumps .5gpm. Other pressure washers (I think) will pump around 2gmp, so it might take a little more time to rinse off any cleaners used.

Also, you're not supposed to 'pump' anything other than clean water through it, so if you need to apply a detergent, you need to get the soap dispenser nozzle, and I don't know what the reach of the spray coming out of that would be since I don't have it.

/ Worx portable 40v power washer
Bought one. Arrived today. Plugged battery into charger.

Gonna try it out to blast impacted sand/gravel from 4" PVC pipes underneath our tractor crossing. Can take a bucket down there, dip a smaller bucket into cleaner water on top and fill the big bucket with water. The thing will feed off water from the bucket. Have the tractor crossing rebuilt and improved from when the tropical storm in late May messed it up. Three of the 5 pipes still have impacted stuff in them, but only maybe a couple feet's worth in each. My 3/4" steel pipe that is about 10' long can be driven through the 3 pipes. Hopefully, with that hole as starter, I can blast the rest through with the Worx Hydroshot.

Later will connect a hose to it and see how high it'll shoot.

Ralph

/ Worx portable 40v power washer
Worked like a charm this morning to clear out the 3 pipes. Now all five of the 4" PVC pipes are clear.

Ralph

/ Worx portable 40v power washer #8  
Worked like a charm this morning to clear out the 3 pipes. Now all five of the 4" PVC pipes are clear.

Ralph

I'll tell ya, I was very skeptical on that working on the clogged pipes. I'm glad it did though! I didn't watch the infomercials or anything on that washer though, so I pictured some of the underpowered gimmicks from the past. It had to be a good feeling to clear out those pipes and see water flowing again. :thumbsup: