Faux Bamboo; How to kill it dead ?!

/ Faux Bamboo; How to kill it dead ?! #41  
Alright, those using test tubes and other fantasies of how to kill knotweed can join the Zombie Apocalypse believers; meantime some of us like me, the OP of this thread actually NEED useful information to eradicate this stuff from my landscape. The results will be shared here to help others who suffer the same fate of an overgrown landscape. The rest of you knotweed deniers can come by my place to get your free sample of the stuff to see what you can do to kill it after it grows without threat of extinction for say 2 years.
This stuff makes goutweed look like a newborn child as to skills of avoiding extermination.
You have gotten several good suggestions before the laughing gas kicked in. Everything that I've read and been told says herbicide, and expect it to need treatment more than once before it goes away.

/ Faux Bamboo; How to kill it dead ?! #42  
Almost all plants will submit to cutting and painting with glyphosate. You cut it and immediately paint it with a paint brush. Glyphosate is the main ingredient of Roundup but you can get generic solutions. When cutting and pasting, I use the concentrated solution, maybe 50% dilution. It's the only thing that works on some plants (like 5 leaf akebia).

Ralph

/ Faux Bamboo; How to kill it dead ?! #43  
So many years ago, before I knew what this stuff was, I pulled it out of the flower beds, chopped it up, put it in our compost pile, and ended up spreading it onto our garden..... YIKES##$%&@@!!!!! So I ended up with it all over the place. I had pretty good success digging each one out, shaking off the dirt, and throwing it in the burn barrel. But it's still out there in the garden, and any area that I don't use for a few months, it pops back up. Nasty stuff.

I wonder how many things I do today that are similar. I'm fighting Scotch Broom at my property. It is also invasive. I wonder how much of it I am "spreading" while I think I am "eradicating."