When does abandoned equipment become "yard art"?

/ When does abandoned equipment become "yard art"? #1  

newbury

Super Star Member
Tractor
Kubota's - B7610, M4700
Around rural Mississippi, especially on the backroads, I often see what I consider to be abandoned equipment in front yards and side yards.
Rotting tires, rusted frozen gears.
00j0j_5kAxkDBJCFE_1200x900.jpg

When does that become "yard art"?

[FONT=&quot]Nice old heavy 2 row breaking plow. One point hitch. Repurpose or yard-art or use. I got the tractor that can pull it. $300 OBO. In person only-- this means U.[/FONT]

Or is it in "the eye of the beholder"?

/ When does abandoned equipment become "yard art"? #2  
In my eye, the old equipment needs to have steel wheels. I have Grandpa’s old horse drawn sickle mower sitting in a perennial bed in the yard.

/ When does abandoned equipment become "yard art"? #3  
I’m for steel wheels also
IMG_0074.JPG

/ When does abandoned equipment become "yard art"? #4  
Saw an old pull type (don't know if designed for horses or tractor, or converted) road grader the other day. It was a strange feeling; kinda looking at an old pull-type combine. They used that stuff when I was a kid, but when I was old enough to help on the farm, nobody (well, almost nobody) used pull-type combines any more. I do recall seeing an actual threshing machine in operation, back, oh, about 1949, on a farm in SW Missouri. They don't grow much wheat in that part of the country, but this was an actual operation, not a demonstration. Having watched the combines in operation in Oklahoma, it seemed like a lot of work to shock the bundles, let them dry, load them on a trailer with pitchforks, haul them to the thresher and pitch them off with pitchforks.

Sorry... got carried away.

/ When does abandoned equipment become "yard art"? #6  
we have an old Crump spreader that is now the biggest planter/pot in the garden, tyres are green, chains beyond repair and all mechanicals rusted solid.
it was like that wwhen we moved here in 2002 and i dragged it to its new spot about 2003, wife filled it with horse s### and compost then planted roses and bulbs over the years.

/ When does abandoned equipment become "yard art"? #7  
we have an old Crump spreader that is now the biggest planter/pot in the garden, tyres are green, chains beyond repair and all mechanicals rusted solid.
it was like that wwhen we moved here in 2002 and i dragged it to its new spot about 2003, wife filled it with horse s### and compost then planted roses and bulbs over the years.

This isn't it, but I haven't seen an upright piano repurposed as a flower planter in the front yard of a home in Seneca SC.

1acdd718e5fcc31f45ac511f991506ff.jpg

Steve

/ When does abandoned equipment become "yard art"? #8  
Around rural Mississippi, especially on the backroads, I often see what I consider to be abandoned equipment in front yards and side yards.
Rotting tires, rusted frozen gears.
00j0j_5kAxkDBJCFE_1200x900.jpg

When does that become "yard art"?

Or is it in "the eye of the beholder"?

As soon as you take the rotted tires off and plant at least one flower near it....it’s art!

/ When does abandoned equipment become "yard art"? #9  
first its call state of the art,than when sets idle but still use with call yesterday's iron,follow by art.

/ When does abandoned equipment become "yard art"? #10  
Saw an old pull type (don't know if designed for horses or tractor, or converted) road grader the other day. It was a strange feeling; kinda looking at an old pull-type combine. They used that stuff when I was a kid, but when I was old enough to help on the farm, nobody (well, almost nobody) used pull-type combines any more. I do recall seeing an actual threshing machine in operation, back, oh, about 1949, on a farm in SW Missouri. They don't grow much wheat in that part of the country, but this was an actual operation, not a demonstration. Having watched the combines in operation in Oklahoma, it seemed like a lot of work to shock the bundles, let them dry, load them on a trailer with pitchforks, haul them to the thresher and pitch them off with pitchforks.

Sorry... got carried away.

Been there and done that with horses about 1945. Dad was the last farmer in the area to give up farming with horses.