Hijacked cell phone number

/ Hijacked cell phone number #21  
You clearly didn't read the thread or posts did you?

Never said they were unknown numbers.

How about some helpful suggestions... I've lived w/ it for about year now and am sick of it.

Did you forget what you wrote? Is this actually a dementia issue? You start by saying a random number is calling you........block it/them.
Then you go on to say your number is being listed with other’s info on the internet- sounds like your number is being spoofed.
Probably should write down the amount of time spent on this- it’s easy to forget how much time you’ve wasted.

/ Hijacked cell phone number #22  
Do you have the phone listed on the national do not call list?

/ Hijacked cell phone number #23  
going to this persons house and talking to them directly

Other than exposing yourself to danger and liability what do you possibly hope to accomplish by even considering to do that? How can you presume that party a) knows anything about this, or b) would be willing to do anything about it even if they did?

But if you do, please get a video and post it here !!! :D

/ Hijacked cell phone number #25  
I got my cell phone number in 2001 and started getting calls for "Christine".
I am still getting calls 17 years later!
Recently been getting text messages threatening Christine's arrest if bill is not paid. I text back F U do it!
Sometimes if I get a call number I don't know I answer SHERIFF'S OFFICE!!
That gets a lot of hang ups.

/ Hijacked cell phone number #26  
One thing is do the opposite when they call. Yes, yes, I am that person (great if you know their name), then make up a story...you've been out of town, you know you owe the money but try to collect...better yet can you pay by credit card? Visa 4 (+15 random numbers).
Mess with them.
Years ago my in laws went crazy with calls all hours...they had same number for 50 years, but it was close to a number of a large local motel. I fixed the problem easily by booking rooms. I'd answer the phone...tell them we're having a promotion only $39.95/night. I'd pretend to write down their info., then say o.k., you'll have room 308 and here's your confirmation number.
Wouldn't you know it...that motel changed their number within a week.

/ Hijacked cell phone number #27  
Dont answer calls from unknown numbers.

And don't answer calls from numbers that are known but you don't want to talk to.

Cripes - I get about 3 calls a week from numbers that I have no idea who is calling but I take a quick look at the phone and I ignore it.

/ Hijacked cell phone number #29  
One thing is do the opposite when they call. Yes, yes, I am that person (great if you know their name), then make up a story...you've been out of town, you know you owe the money but try to collect...better yet can you pay by credit card? Visa 4 (+15 random numbers).
Mess with them.
Years ago my in laws went crazy with calls all hours...they had same number for 50 years, but it was close to a number of a large local motel. I fixed the problem easily by booking rooms. I'd answer the phone...tell them we're having a promotion only $39.95/night. I'd pretend to write down their info., then say o.k., you'll have room 308 and here's your confirmation number.
Wouldn't you know it...that motel changed their number within a week.

Many years ago (pre-internet) my ex-business partner and I started a mail order specialty shirt company. The phone number we were assigned was very close to the local medical society's "after hours doctor's paging service". We were constantly getting calls wanting us to page Dr. SoAndSo. We would say "Dr. SoAndSo doesn't work here. You need to call 555-1234." They'd say "that's the number I called" and we'd say "no, you dialed 555-1243". They'd hang up and apparently hit the redial button and call us right back. We generally tried to be nice since they were trying to get ahold of their doctor, but after 3 or 4 calls from the same person we'd answer the phone "Doctor's office - whom are you trying to reach".

/ Hijacked cell phone number #30  
Got a call from a contractor several years ago, he insisted he had the right number, I knew he didn't. After early morning call several times, I agreed to meet him at some diner for breakfast. When he called after I did not show, I told him I meant a different diner.. he did not call anymore after I did not show at that one.