Hijacked cell phone number

/ Hijacked cell phone number #41  
Oh - Mary. Well - she was here at the big party last night but about 11pm she ran off with Joe, the plumber, to get her nipples rethreaded.

Unfortunately - in all my years here (36+) I only got to use this line twice.

/ Hijacked cell phone number #42  
Maybe I dont get out enough but I look forward to the unwanted calls. Viewing each one as another opportunity to test the limits of my imagination.
Last one left a message that it was the IRS and that if I didnt call them back the local cops would arrest me. When I called them back I will admit they gave it a good try. But they had no answer when I said I didnt know the IRS had a Bangledesh field office. I must have called them five times trying to resolve my tax problem when they blocked my calls. My wife who was listening in said I definately needed sensitivity training.
Other one was a tech from Microsoft telling me that my computer was infected with a virus. I told him it was probably from all the **** sites that I looked at. He hung up without helping me.

/ Hijacked cell phone number #43  
AH - Alan - - a person after my own heart. Like me - you don't need sensitivity training - you just need more unwanted calls to improve upon your - "stiche".

/ Hijacked cell phone number #44  
oosik you are right.
But the best call I ever had was just a wrong number. Lady calls and ask me if I had the small screwdriver to fix eyeglasses with because Daddys screw was loose in his. I told her I did. She said that she would be right over to get it. I then asked her if she needed directions to my place. Realizing her wrong call she apologized. I told her no problem and that she was welcome to the screwdriver anyway to which she declined. Sometimes we cant be helpful even if we try.

/ Hijacked cell phone number #45  
My solution has sometimes been to answer a ghosted call with "Michigan State Police, Brighton Post. State the nature of your call". I also have a router out at the barn with an SSID of "Liv. Co. Sheriff" and one at the road with "Mich. St. Police Surveillance #4". It shows up on all phones driving down the road as they try to connect with my strong router signal.

Once had the call from the "pole-lease" telling me I had a warrant for me that I owed $250 for some traffic camera ticket. Told HER that I was in a wheel chair but could pay cash if she came to my side door and could provide a receipt. Yes, she came in a black Ford Interceptor with a spotlight and dog dish hubcaps. The kind the State sells as surplus vehicles.

Unfortunately for her, I live just a few miles from the Post, so a uniformed LEO was willingly provided to make the payment. She only got probation, though: "Soliciting for Fraudulent Purposes".

/ Hijacked cell phone number #46  
Once had the call from the "pole-lease" telling me I had a warrant for me that I owed $250 for some traffic camera ticket. Told HER that I was in a wheel chair but could pay cash if she came to my side door and could provide a receipt. Yes, she came in a black Ford Interceptor with a spotlight and dog dish hubcaps. The kind the State sells as surplus vehicles.

Unfortunately for her, I live just a few miles from the Post, so a uniformed LEO was willingly provided to make the payment. She only got probation, though: "Soliciting for Fraudulent Purposes".

GREAT STORY!! ^^^^

I was at our Township Police station a few weeks ago (I work at the Twp). A resident came in and was turning himself in after getting one of the "IRS" calls. He said he knew his taxes were OK, but came to see us just in case there really was a warrant. He said that he told his wife he'd either be back in 15 minutes or 15 years! LOL! He'd never heard of the scam. He had even called the number back and said they knew enough about him that it was scary.

/ Hijacked cell phone number #47  
This is somewhat off topic but I'm sure everyone gets those free dinner letters.
Some are legit, although not something of interest, some are shady imo, time shares, devices to cut your electric bill in half, etc.
Curious how many attend those. We go to every one. I always wear mismatched socks, green shirt/pink tie. The last one we were handed a paper to fill out. My answer to the question "what would your ideal retirement be" was to attend free seminar steak dinners every night.

/ Hijacked cell phone number #48  
My solution has sometimes been to answer a ghosted call with "Michigan State Police, Brighton Post. State the nature of your call". I also have a router out at the barn with an SSID of "Liv. Co. Sheriff" and one at the road with "Mich. St. Police Surveillance #4". It shows up on all phones driving down the road as they try to connect with my strong router signal.

I was at one of the restaurants in our small downtown a few years back and checked to see if they had wifi from my phone. I saw several signals listed, one of which was titled "FBI Surveillance Van" :laughing:

/ Hijacked cell phone number #50  
A lot of the websites that list people's information and phone numbers use collections of other databases. Until the underlying database get corrected the new websites will continue to pop up the other guy's name and your phone number.

We went through similar thing. We moved and got a new home phone number 9 years ago. Some database had another lady's name attached to our number. Some other carriers used that database for caller ID. So when we called someone her name would appear on the caller ID at the other end sometimes. Took a few years to get that cleaned up.

She also had debt collectors chasing her. They would call and ask just by first name which is same as my wife's. I got aggressive with telling then wrong number, etc and keep a log book of calls and information. I would report to FTC and state AGs. One shutdown and debt is sold and the next set of calls starts. Nine years and still getting calls once in a while.