Hijacked cell phone number

/ Hijacked cell phone number #1  

Zick

Platinum Member
Tractor
BX 2350
So for about the past year I've been getting these random phone calls to my cell asking for a particular person. Thinking it was just the typical spam calls I've been ignoring them.
Recently I decided to google my phone number and discovered that my number is now showing up on multiple websites and has this same persons name listed on it.

When I googled this persons name, I found they actually are a real person living in my same town.

I have contacted a couple of these web sites and managed to get my number removed but it seems new sites have popped up recently w/ the same info. These sites say they get their info from another party but don't list who it is so I can't go straight to the source.

I'm not sure if this person is maliciously listing their phone number as mine to hid their real number (noticed they have a Foreclosure case against them which has been ongoing since about a year ago).

Without going to this persons house and talking to them directly (which I would rather not do), what other course of action can I take?

/ Hijacked cell phone number
Change your phone number.

Not going to happen, this is my cell phone number (only phone I have) and my number as been the same for over 20 years.

/ Hijacked cell phone number #4  
How bout talking to people calling your number asking to speak to "particular person". Fix "particular person" up by filling caller full of bs. Example of what you might tell caller (while assuming identity of "particular person"), hey you have my address,quit calling,come over here and I'll put knuckle knots on your head. Go ahead and sue me,I dare you to.

/ Hijacked cell phone number #5  
Sounds like collection agencies and if it is they won't stop until you can convince them that you ain't the guy they're looking for and get them to take your # off their list.

/ Hijacked cell phone number #6  
How bout talking to people calling your number asking to speak to "particular person". Fix "particular person" up by filling caller full of bs. Example of what you might tell caller (while assuming identity of "particular person"), hey you have my address,quit calling,come over here and I'll put knuckle knots on your head. Go ahead and sue me,I dare you to.

Better yet, follow this idea.

Steve

/ Hijacked cell phone number #7  
You could also set a special ring tone for friends, clients, and family and only answer when that ring tone is used.

/ Hijacked cell phone number #8  
Keyrist - if its that important have the phone company give you a new phone number. Otherwise - live with it.

/ Hijacked cell phone number #9  
Each time I get an undesired call, I block the number. It is not 100% effective but does help. My block list probably out numbers my contacts.

/ Hijacked cell phone number
Each time I get an undesired call, I block the number. It is not 100% effective but does help. My block list probably out numbers my contacts.

Yup tried that. Unfortunately my phone has a blocked list limit and I already hit that.