Weather Underground Wundermap problem

/ Weather Underground Wundermap problem #1  

Trails End

Gold Member
Tractor
Bobcat CT335
Has anyone on the forum using Weather Underground
Wundermap had problems in the last week?
Monday, Jun18, I brought up Wundermap to check
the local temperatures/wind speed/direction and all I
got was the usual screen with the menus/map options
but only a sky blue background with no map or weather
stations, and it's been that way since then. I've been
using Weather Underground Wundermap for over a
year with no problems until Monday. This occurs with
both the Chrome and Firefox browser.

Has anyone else experienced this? Any information
will be greatly appreciated.

/ Weather Underground Wundermap problem #2  
I don’t use the browser but have the app on my iPhone. The app has been coming up with the temp but everything else is blank- map, extended forecast etc. Sometimes refreshing fixes it, sometimes closing the app and restarting it works while other times I just have to wait a few hours and it works again.

Have you tried clearing out your cache, history etc? I’d assume since you are using two different browsers the above wouldn’t apply but I’ll throw it out there as a long shot fix.

/ Weather Underground Wundermap problem #3  
Not sure if it is related but they are going to start charging for things. I have been sending them data for years now they want me to pay to send it

/ Weather Underground Wundermap problem #4  
Humph! I just bought a new weather station and have been trying - unsuccessfully - "link up" with Weather Underground. I gave up - there are many other fish in the ocean.

BTW - B7510HSD - WXCat 3 is working out fine. Trying to link up my system to WU was becoming more of a nightmare than I will tolerate. The sixth try was and will be my final effort. No more - if I feel the need, I can use any one of many others. And now they feel the need to charge - no thank you.

/ Weather Underground Wundermap problem #5  
Something's been broken/down on their site for a few days, causing the missing data.

I've had an account there for many years. I have not been told I'd have to start paying. I'd balk at that- they're already getting my data. I got a new weather station earlier this year and had no problem configuring it to use my existing account and reporting ID.

/ Weather Underground Wundermap problem #6  
Humph! I just bought a new weather station and have been trying - unsuccessfully - "link up" with Weather Underground. I gave up - there are many other fish in the ocean.

BTW - B7510HSD - WXCat 3 is working out fine. Trying to link up my system to WU was becoming more of a nightmare than I will tolerate. The sixth try was and will be my final effort. No more - if I feel the need, I can use any one of many others. And now they feel the need to charge - no thank you.

:thumbsup:

/ Weather Underground Wundermap problem #7  
Something's been broken/down on their site for a few days, causing the missing data.

I've had an account there for many years. I have not been told I'd have to start paying. I'd balk at that- they're already getting my data. I got a new weather station earlier this year and had no problem configuring it to use my existing account and reporting ID.
I guess if you don't use the API keys you are fine they always provided them free to us that sent data appears no longer the case.
Weather Underground API Changes | The WeatherAPI Community Customer Community

/ Weather Underground Wundermap problem #8  
That's interesting, thanks. I'm not sure who has the API key in my case- I'm using an off the shelf weather station that's got connectivity to WU and other services built in. Are they supplying an API key to upload the data or is an API key needed only to retrieve data from WU to display on your web site?

Before WU I stored my data locally but that required special hardware and needed maintenance. OTOH when you own your own data you're not subject to the whims of a company.

/ Weather Underground Wundermap problem #9  

Attachments

• wundermap.jpg
    wundermap.jpg
    263.4 KB · Views: 297
   / Weather Underground Wundermap problem #10  
That's interesting, thanks. I'm not sure who has the API key in my case- I'm using an off the shelf weather station that's got connectivity to WU and other services built in. Are they supplying an API key to upload the data or is an API key needed only to retrieve data from WU to display on your web site?

Before WU I stored my data locally but that required special hardware and needed maintenance. OTOH when you own your own data you're not subject to the whims of a company.

I use keys for displaying Radar maps but will not pay them and will stop sending data also if they charge for use.