Oliver passed away this morning

/ Oliver passed away this morning #1  

Boondox

Elite Member
Tractor
Deere 4044R cab, Kubota KX-121-3S
Sir Oliver, our adorable little golden with multiple heart defects, passed away peacefully this morning at four months of age. We'll bury him in the family graveyard this afternoon among the flowers he loved to eat.

Pete

Attachments

• 450607-Oliver_Dad.JPG
    450607-Oliver_Dad.JPG
    72.4 KB · Views: 386
   / Oliver passed away this morning #2  
Pete,

Sorry to hear about Oliver. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

I know you realized that he was going to be with you for a very short time, but that doesn't necessarily make it any easier.

How are the rest of the "troops" handling it?

/ Oliver passed away this morning #3  
Pete,
So sorry to hear that. So young /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

/ Oliver passed away this morning #4  
I'm sorry to hear, I think he was lucky to have you.
Give the others a hug.

/ Oliver passed away this morning
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Pete,

Sorry to hear about Oliver. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

I know you realized that he was going to be with you for a very short time, but that doesn't necessarily make it any easier.

How are the rest of the "troops" handling it? )</font>

Thanks, Garry. He was given six months and only made it to four, but they were fun filled months. He got to ride in a truck last week like a big dog, but missed the visit to Home Depot scheduled for this weekend.

Tamara and I are a mess, of course, and the others are very loving right now. Half knowing that something's wrong with Oliver, and half knowing that their humans are in pain.

A hundred years from now someone is going to stand before our family graveyard wondering about the Burkes. Tombstones for husband and wife...surrounded by dozens of smaller stones for dogs.

Pete

/ Oliver passed away this morning #6  
I'm sorry to hear about little Oliver. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif He looked like one cool little pup. Was he the one I saw in one of your other photos on the board sitting so proudly on the tractor? I'm happy for little Oliver that you were there to give him the best 4 months of his life. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

/ Oliver passed away this morning #7  
Pete ... there's 2 schools of thought at our place which is full of rescues of one sort or another.

1. Hate animals! They tear your heart out and hand it to you.
2. There lives are shorter than ours so good folks can enjoy many of them through the course of theirs.

My better half buries every deceased fauna she finds. This spring she inturred:

1. Long Eared Owl
2. Wood Duck
3. 2 Juncos
4. Baby Snapping Turtle
5. 3 chipmunks
6. One baby hare
7. One Chicadee

I'm sure if Oliver were given the choice of how many months and with who, he woulda opted for 4 and Pete and Tamara.

I don't have to tell you there's another needy soul comin your way.

Give O a wink for us, k?

/ Oliver passed away this morning #8  
So sorry for your loss! I know that he was well cared for and happy while he was with you, and who can ask for more than that.

My thoughts are with you.

/ Oliver passed away this morning #9  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I'm sure if Oliver were given the choice of how many months and with who, he woulda opted for 4 and Pete and Tamara)</font>

Well said.

I too, am very sorry for your loss.

/ Oliver passed away this morning #10  
Pete,
Sorry to hear about Oliver. A week ago, we adopted a 6 week old Golden, our first. He touched our hearts the first day we brought him home. We would be devastated if anything were to happen to him and are praying he stays in good health. We are still in mourning the loss of Dub, the little 3 year-old Jack Russell/Llasa mix who was taken from our yard 7 weeks ago. Again, sorry for your loss.

Steve