Wild Birds Help

/ Wild Birds Help #1  

tough451

Silver Member
Tractor
451 Massey Ferguson
I have a wild bird in my chicken house any ideas on how to get it out. I have tried opening a small end door but he is too dumb to go out. Im afraid Im going to have to break out the .22 rifle but that could lead to other problems. Any suggestions would be appreciated. /forums/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

/ Wild Birds Help #3  
He's too smart to go out - food, shelter, water - why leave?

/ Wild Birds Help
It is one of those dadgum blackbirds and I cant get within 30ft of him. But Perdue say's hes got to go but how. Like I said I cant get close enough to use a net.

/ Wild Birds Help #6  
Go in at night with a flashlight and catch it. I would be surprised if it will fly much, and should be easier to catch.

If not, get some shot shells for your .22. They will not blow out holes in the walls.

To check posts you put up or responded to, click on your name (if nothing else, click on the tab above "Who's online" and you will be there) to get to your profile, and then click on "show all users posts" for a list of all yours.

/ Wild Birds Help #7  
see if you have an OLD tennis racket laying around they work GREAT /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif the bad mitting ones are only made for the light duty shuttle cock birdies not those fat black birdies /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif the next best thing is a 4 or 5' long 1x4 but it takes a bit more of a swing. and not sure how big you're chicken coop is but most are small unless you are in some sort of productiong application then a good ole 22 bird shot or pellit gun will work wonders and not do much damage. the pellet gun a pump up type is very cheap use lead pellets not steel beebes for less damage to any object in the event of a miss...

just my non-PETA way of dealing with blackbirds as they are worst winged critters going... nasty noisy destructive and just have to live right where us humans habat is at.

Mark M /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Wild Birds Help #8  
<font color="blue"> It is one of those dadgum blackbirds and I cant get within 30ft of him </font>

Great!!! Forget tennis rackets, .22s and shotguns. What you need is a Beeman R7 or R9 air rifle. Good excuse to make a much needed purchase /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif. I got one of these things about 18 months ago. where have these been all my life. I can get 10 shots in a silver dollar group at 30 yards. grackels don't stand a chance. Use soft lead pellets so it don't go through old barnwood.

I'm going to make a post in rural living about how great this rifle is and see if I can stir up some discussion.

Good luck

/ Wild Birds Help
Thanks for the responses Im still dealing with this little #$%&# but I will get him one way or the other.