lets be safe out there.

/ lets be safe out there. #1  

gws

Platinum Member
Tractor
yanmar ym1810
This appears in the Marion News (ohio).

A Marion man was killed in what police are ruling an accident when he fell from a tractor pulling a “bush-hog” type lawn mower. The man died from injuries he received when the mower ran over him.

According to the Marion City Police Department, John Price, 264 Uncapher Avenue, Marion, was mowing the field behind the Ohio Heartland Community Action Center on Bellefontaine Avenue early Thursday evening, July 15. For an undetermined reason, Price fell from the tractor and into the path of the mower. He was fatally injured.

Price’s body was transported to the Franklin County Coroner’s Office at the request of Marion County Coroner Dr. Marc Comianos.

There were no witnesses to the accident, which was investigated by the Marion City Police Department, the Franklin County Coroner’s Office, and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA).

Authorities quickly ruled the death an accident.

Price, 58, was a 17-year employee of Goodwill Industries.

/ lets be safe out there. #2  
Thursday we had a fine gentleman pass away.As was told to me he had a full roll bale wagon taking it down a hill,it jacknifed the tractor killing him in the accident.It was a year ago I met him while he was cutting my feild.He showed me around the discbine he was using,I didnt ask,he just knew I was interested in haying equipment.I know him through his son-in-law and cant imagine what theyre going through.They are all the finest people you could know. I guess the only comfort is knowing time heals.

/ lets be safe out there. #3  
I cant see why I would want to jump into the front of a bush hog! I think it would HAVE to be an accident! I'm sure just about any kind of way to go would be much better than a bush hog, about only worse way would be a chipper! /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Reason they have seat belts. I have yet to use mine where I THOUGHT i would need it, but having it there if I THINK I will need it then I'm probalby doing something I SHOULDN"T do... but incase I have it ready...

mark