DR electric log splitter?

/ DR electric log splitter? #1  

BLUEBONNET2

Gold Member
Tractor
nortrac 25 xt JD zeroturn 54", briggs mtr.
good morning,

anyone use one of these? look like a handy item to have around the house....... /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

good luck,
bluebonnet2

/ DR electric log splitter? #2  
donno - - is that the same thing that Harbor Freight has for something less than $300?

/ DR electric log splitter? #3  
Don't know about that one. I do know from experience with splitters that if it will split using an electric it will split a lot faster and maybe easier with just an ax. It would have to have a at least a 220 big hp motor to develop enough pressure to do any good. Either that or so geared down that you could take a nap between strokes.

Harry K

/ DR electric log splitter? #4  
Geared really low. Works really slow. Use a splitting maul and get the job done 10x faster. Pete

/ DR electric log splitter? #5  
Yep, I have a splitting maul & a couple of wedges. Plus I really enjoy splitting wood manually. We don't have very severe winters here, so I don't need to stock up the way some folks do. However, arthritis has begun to move in. Don't know how much more I'll do without a splitter. I just don't want to cough up $800+ to buy one.
Gettin' old is hell, but so far it still beats the alternative.